Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! HORN NOT WORKING

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all...well, my horn just up and decided to stop working.....I checked the fuse box and the fuse was not blown...so I went out and purchased a horn relay and still not working...When I had the fuse box open and tried to honk the horn to see if working...I heard a clicking sound every time I depressed the horn....Saw a similar thread back in 2011 but there was never a solution given to try or a follow up..By the way...Battery is working fine..
Not even sure where the horn is to check that..
Would appreciate any input...

Hi all...well, my horn just up and decided to stop working.....I checked the fuse box and the fuse was not blown...so I went out and purchased a horn relay and still not working...When I had the fuse box open and tried to honk the horn to see if working...I heard a clicking sound every time I depressed the horn....Saw a similar thread back in 2011 but there was never a solution given to try or a follow up..By the way...Battery is working fine..
Not even sure where the horn is to check that..
Would appreciate any input...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I had to replace my horn as well a few years ago.

Its located on the front, behind the bumper fascia near the lower opening on the passenger side just inboard of the fog lamp.

i was able to replace it by going in from the passenger tire well (remove the liner)

Thanks richardyoo..appreciate the help..

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

HORN NOT WORKING FOLLOW UP

Hi all...turned out was not the relay...not the fuse or the horn itself.....it was the mounting bracket that was very loose...told the bracket acts as a ground and therefore would not work till secured...
Hope this helps a fellow forum member with similar symptoms...
Thanks for all the input...

thanks

Hi all...turned out was not the relay...not the fuse or the horn itself.....it was the mounting bracket that was very loose...told the bracket acts as a ground and therefore would not work till secured...
Hope this helps a fellow forum member with similar symptoms...
Thanks for all the input...
Thanks for being one of the few people to follow up on their post when they find out the fix. This is what helps folks. By the way, the horns are not well made and will burn out easily if used a lot.

Need more members like JW7,,,,who report their problem solved and repaired,,,,

Thanks for being one of the few people to follow up on their post when they find out the fix. This is what helps folks.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

I am grateful to all the support and knowledge from my fellow enthusiasts here...I am not a mechanically inclined person..believe there are others here like me .So I believe the total story, from start to finish, is the only way to help others..It's what this forum is all about...Thanks

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom