Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

how to search the forum? it isn't working out for me

Lee Allen

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Crimson Pearl (Red) XLR
I have read through some of the post/threads and came across one or two about 2004 xlr key fobs. well now my fob is giving me issues so i have gone to the search and the advanced search and when i type in fob it says there is nothing found for that keyword. surely there is, i have seen a few and if i was imagining that, i would think someone before me has had a question on this subject and it's been posted here somewhere. can you help me? how do i use the search bar? there are actually two places i have searched. one at the top right of the site and one in the forums. thank you in advance,

the search form here does not always work for me either. I can type In my problem in google and then put the word "forum" in the line and It takes me right to the post I need almost 75% of the time.

Try adding a star after the word which acts like a wild card:

fob*

Fob issue

This is the cheapest and quickest fix I've experienced since owning my 2004 XLR. I decided to replace the cr2032 battery in the fob before looking into any other options and voilà the “no key fob detected” issue went away!!
$2.15 wowowowow!!!

I have read through some of the post/threads and came across one or two about 2004 xlr key fobs. well now my fob is giving me issues so i have gone to the search and the advanced search and when i type in fob it says there is nothing found for that keyword. surely there is, i have seen a few and if i was imagining that, i would think someone before me has had a question on this subject and it's been posted here somewhere. can you help me? how do i use the search bar? there are actually two places i have searched. one at the top right of the site and one in the forums. thank you in advance,

Try searching RCDLR, that is the module that interfaces with your remote and locks and unlocks the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back