Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

HRE 543R: Testing clearances on 2007 XLR

You may laugh, but I did them myself, while doing a brake job. I used a kit by Dupli-color, Caliper Paint Kit (ceramic). The kit includes the cleaner, a small brush, masking tape and enough paint for more than 4 calipers. It comes in several colors. The kit is about $20. The paint is slow to dry, so you have to be patient (overnight). I also painted the outer brackets with the "chrome" paint, just to help set it off.

It took several hours to thoroughly clean and mask each one. I was able to "cut in" the paint around the XLR logo. I polished the XLR logo with my Dremel tool, to make them shiny.

I know some people send them out for powder coat, but that requires disassembly and bleeding (and more time). I was too lazy...;)

Thanks. Granddaddy said he did his himself too. The only thing is. Im a disabled person and don't have really enough strength (and patience). Lol. But would like to do something like this. I'm toying with the idea of either black calipers with red lettering (xlr) or red calipers with black lettering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comparison pics using 275/35/20 rear

No that's sweet! Do please take more pictures of the entire car plus close-ups from the rear from the side of the rear tire if you can please. Oh yes I'm a wheel and tire man.:D

Run flats: SEMA show 2012

28355_.jpg

28356_.jpg

I called TireRack today and found out that they now sell the 335/25/20 P-zero and are in stock. I guess that's the green light for a widebody XLR now. Tire range is 11.5-12.5", 26.6" in height, and cost is $559 according to TireRack rep. :cool:

More details, as requested

No that's sweet! Do please take more pictures of the entire car plus close-ups from the rear from the side of the rear tire if you can please. Oh yes I'm a wheel and tire man.:D

OK, Mad-wheel-man, more pictures and details, as requested.

First the wheel spec's
- Front 20 X 9 with 47mm offset
- Back 20 X 10 with 47 mm offset (yes, this makes them stick out for a wider stance than stock)

Side view top up.jpg

The side view, with top up
Rear quarter view with lights.jpg

Rear quarter view
Back tire flush to rear fender.jpg

Back tire flush to rear fender
Front rim and tire closeup.jpg

Front tire close up
Front tire clearance.jpg
Front tire clearance
Front tire turn clearance.jpg

Front tire turn clearance - no rub, barely

Hope this gives you the details you were looking for...:D

OK, Mad-wheel-man, more pictures and details, as requested.

First the wheel spec's
- Front 20 X 9 with 47mm offset
- Back 20 X 10 with 47 mm offset (yes, this makes them stick out for a wider stance than stock)

View attachment 4273
The side view, with top up
View attachment 4274
Rear quarter view
View attachment 4275
Back tire flush to rear fender
View attachment 4276
Front tire close up

Front tire clearance

Front tire turn clearance - no rub, barely

Hope this gives you the details you were looking for...:D

Very nice presentation. These four pictures I liked the best! The aftermarket wheels truly bring out the beauty of the XLR.

Don't you just hate it when this happens!

photo-7_3.JPG

This picture was taken just a little over a year ago when I first purchased my XLR. At first thought I said to myself, okay park in the middle of the parking lot and not next to the building but I reason that there was no body parking at the store and besides I'm going to be in there a few minutes. Well, look what happened. I was blocked in and barely was able to get into my car by handicap van.:mad:

AC Forged Wheels

photo_2-70_1.JPG

I picked up a set of AC Forged wheels this week for $1600! :) The sizes are; 20x8.5 and 20x10, but they are not for my XLR, but for the g/f's SL500.:chuckle Although, they sure look good standing next the XLR. They came off a custom Mercedes show car (trailer queen) with nearly brand new tires (275/30/20, 225/35/20) Falkin rubbers. I'll have to switch up the fronts for 255/30/20 P-Zero run flat. In turn I'm trading the 225/35/20 for a wax and polish on the XLR and the SL500. :blinzel:

Last edited:
They do look kinda cool on the xlr

Better on a Silver XLR

Yes. The AC Forged 10-spoke wheels IMO is a excellent choice of wheel for the XLR, but for the ones I got maybe the dark gray spokes would look sweet with a Silver, white, or black XLR.

Saw a electric Caddy

photo-9_3.JPG

After nearly a year I finally got around to getting the Corvettte calipers disassembled and ready for powder coating.
Saw a ELR on Friday. :blinzel:
photo_1-79.JPG

Last edited:
Let the braking begin!

photo-10_1.JPG

Brakes disassembled and ready for powder coating.

Last edited:
photo-9_3.JPG

I drive my XLR weekly and every time it causes people to pause and some times ask questions like this week when I was on my way to the 2014 SEMA show. :thumbsup

Finally it Happened. I had to use the emergency door release lever!

Well, some how due to me being busy I forgot to use my battery tender and guess what happened 6-weeks or so from no-use. I couldn't get into my car! Thanks goodness for the emergency door release.;)

I was able to get inside the car and pop the hood and recharge the battery. Currently, the car is parked for winter use (unless I want to dress to the nines and paint the town red:D) and the car is currently on the Battery Tender (BT).:) For some reason I was using one of the BT on another car inside the garage and forgotto do the switch.

Sad news. I have a problem with the power sterring and its leaking fluid. I have to take it to the dearlership service dept.:mad:

5a6975a4f96e221194f18da9c0f61e2d.jpg

a258d3ab0d6c85d379469c7dad27b5e2.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry