Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

HRE 543R: Testing clearances on 2007 XLR

Curious, do you have a clear bra on the front?

No. However. That is a good idea, but for me I only drive the car mainly in the summer or on special occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car pick-up for next week. Only three items that need attention: the washer caps, rear view mirror, and the rain sensor (or whatever that is located on the front windshield. After that, it's cut n' buff.

b0d157ca2a3969e8597e8b8891015914.jpg

0209f0affb7fbaa3fd8501973ec2e786.jpg

Oops, washer caps should have gone on while the front fascia was off the car. Hard to get them on now, or it was in my case.

Oops, washer caps should have gone on while the front fascia was off the car. Hard to get them on now, or it was in my case.

The spray nozzle are mounted prior to installing the front fascia. The "caps" are mounted after the fascia is on the car (press & turn). The caps are old and sometimes they break when removing them prior to painting. My old caps one of them broke and it's best (IMO) to use double adhesive tape. Otherwise, you'll have to paint the caps and pray that they don't fall off.

The spray nozzle are mounted prior to installing the front fascia. The "caps" are mounted after the fascia is on the car (press & turn). The caps are old and sometimes they break when removing them prior to painting. My old caps one of them broke and it's best (IMO) to use double adhesive tape. Otherwise, you'll have to paint the caps and pray that they don't fall off.

Hmmm, ok. Since it's a new bumper that'll probably work without scratching the paint while turning the caps.

I purchased a pair of 2009 XLR side fender vents. They should add a bit of "pop" to my 2007 XLR.

026e617513a6888a2acc6074c04eb7f4.jpg

I purchased a pair of 2009 XLR side fender vents. They should add a bit of "pop" to my 2007 XLR.

I think you have to cut into the fender to get these to fit on anything except an 09???? Would like to hear your findings as I like this too.

I think you have to cut into the fender to get these to fit on anything except an 09???? Would like to hear your findings as I like this too.

Pretty sure the factory vents require some cutting of the panels. The ones I've seen on eBay looks like they're just stick on, but can't tell for sure. I go back and forth about getting them myself

According to the seller the fender vents are "stick-on." Granted, I don't think GM made a special fenders for a part, but I will see next week.

Pretty sure the factory vents require some cutting of the panels. The ones I've seen on eBay looks like they're just stick on, but can't tell for sure. I go back and forth about getting them myself

I called the fella selling them on ebay - turns out he owns an xlr-v. He said that it does require cutting into the fenders to install and they are made ONLY for 09's. Apparently there is some difference in the panels on the 09's. LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP.

Really nice fella and very knowledgeable on our cars. If you need the type accessories he's selling, I highly recommend him. (BiggDaddyCaddy):thumbsup

According to the seller the fender vents are "stick-on." Granted, I don't think GM made a special fenders for a part, but I will see next week.

Would you post the vendor name of who you spoke with on ebay? If they are stick-on I may be interested too. BIGGDADDYCADDY (on ebay) told me they are not recommended for any other than 09's. Maybe you ran across a vendor with a different product. Be interesting.

The fender vents do not require any cutting to the fender. They have been talked about before and members putting them on. The reason for them is to cover a blemish in the fenders themselves. If you look very carefully on any model about a inch or two forward of the door/fender gap there's a ripple going up and down the fender. They didn't want to change the fender molds. These vents covered the flaw. :(

The fender vents do not require any cutting to the fender. They have been talked about before and members putting them on. The reason for them is to cover a blemish in the fenders themselves. If you look very carefully on any model about a inch or two forward of the door/fender gap there's a ripple going up and down the fender. They didn't want to change the fender molds. These vents covered the flaw. :(

Maybe there's someone on this forum who has purchased these that would chime in. I have noticed the ripple look that Stella mentioned and would like to order these "vents" if in fact they do not require any body modification. However, as I mentioned above, the ebay vendor I spoke with on the phone on owns an XLR-V and told me they required modifications to the fenders. I simply think they improve the look of the car and help break up the vast flat areas of the sides.

Please if anyone has actually purchased and installed these units - it would be great to hear from you. I hope what Stella is saying is correct.:dunno:

P.S. - I just emailed one of the vendors on ebay to clarify this issue. Asked that he send me photo of back side of the unit to see if it is flat/smooth stick-on unit. Will post when/if I get an answer.

Last edited:
PAK XLR8 added the vents to the XLR owned prior to the V PAK now has. Try checking w/PAK.

Well, hopefully tomorrow I'll get to drop by the shop and put to rest the issue regarding the side vents. Either way, the shop can handle the problem (if there is such a problem). I'm just looking forward in seeing the car back together again, but with new front and rear fascia plus hood :)

54c7703a6f1a1a06a87c625547f68199.jpg

Well, hopefully tomorrow I'll get to drop by the shop and put to rest the issue regarding the side vents. Either way, the shop can handle the problem (if there is such a problem). I'm just looking forward in seeing the car back together again, but with new front and rear fascia plus hood :)

Anxious to hear about the vents. You car looks great! Vents will add a nice touch.:thumbsup

Any update on the side vents? I've talked with both vendors on ebay and they both tell me their vents will not work on anything except 09's for some reason. Really interested in hearing from someone with firsthand knowledge as I'd like to order also.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom