Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

HUD Dimming not available

Tom_OKC

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR
My 2004 XLR 's HUD Dimmer switch does not display "HUD Dimming" and HUD will not dim.
The Dimmer switch toggles between "Panel Dimming" and Odometer reading, but no "HUD Dimming" appears.
If I press +/- when not in "Panel Dimming" mode the DIC changes to "Panel Dimming".
I replaced the HUD control cluster but it does the same thing.
Any suggestions?

I’m assuming you followed the info on pgs. 3-33 to 36 in the manual, available here: https://www.xlr-net.com/specs/2006/2k06xlr.pdf. It sounds like you are, but maybe try looking at that if you haven’t.

Other than that I haven’t heard of this problem before, & maybe no one else on here has either which may be why no one has chimed in yet.

I doubt if I'm doing this wrong.
Steps are only these, correct?
1. Press "Dimmer" until "HUD Dimming" appears in DIC.
2. Press +/- to increase/decrease<dim> HUD.

Lights on/off does not matter.
Engine running.

Don't see any DIC options that would impact this feature.

Hi Tom

The Dimmer switch in the center control panel, is for giving you the choice for the +/- brightness of the HUD or the CLUSTER.

Then you make the choice.... the above switch will adjust the brightness of your choice.

The Lower switch HUD is to adjust the Hud at your level vision desired.

If that do not works then your XLR has an electric problem ( the control switches, the grounds, the connections corroded or the HUD fuse on the BCM fuses block).

IAN:wave:

hud-5.jpg

HUD works fine except HUD Dimming can not be selected and therefore HUD can not be dimmed.

TOM

It sounds like an electrical problem, I would get the HUD control switches check by an expert.

Check for the connections, the grounds, and the ''DIMMER '' switch it self and the others while you will get the control out for verification or replacing the unit.

If you dont have a repair manual i would suggested to buy one, 30$ +/- …..the electrical diagrams
'' Instrument cluster circuit '' could help you in getting the solution.

Good luck.

IAN:wave:

s-l1600[2] (2).jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry