Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

I think I'm in love

knight rider

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Light Platinum XLR
I had never even thought about buying an XLR but when I went to the local Caddy dealer to look at a 2011 CTS I saw her. 2004, Light Platinum with only 17,800 miles. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was a new car as it had been so well cared for. While admittedly, the wife was not nearly as thrilled as I, this is undoubtedly the greatest car I have ever owned. Hopefully still a few weeks of top down driving to be had in the Chicago area.....

I had never even thought about buying an XLR but when I went to the local Caddy dealer to look at a 2011 CTS I saw her. 2004, Light Platinum with only 17,800 miles. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was a new car as it had been so well cared for. While admittedly, the wife was not nearly as thrilled as I, this is undoubtedly the greatest car I have ever owned. Hopefully still a few weeks of top down driving to be had in the Chicago area.....

Congrats! :thumbsup

Congratulations! That's really low mileage for a 2004. Hope you get some time to enjoy your new ride before the winter sets in. We had a similar experience when stopping by a Cadillac dealer to see if we could test drive a CTS-V back in 2006. They looked at us like we were crazy as we were interested in a Cadillac with a standard transmission. Later we returned and bought a STS from them and there was a XLR on the showroom floor and we had never seen or heard of one so we checked it out. They treated it like it was just for show and not for sale. Didn't buy at that time, but knew we had to have one. That dealer later was closed by Cadillac and I'm not surprised as they didn't have a clue what was going on with the transformation of the brand.

Congrats and happy touring knight rider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Congratz knight rider , I just purchased a 2006 XLR myself, of course it is the much preferred Infrared color, LOL . First day I took my wife for a ride and she smiled and laughed at me, asked her what was up and she said I looked just like a kid with a brand new toy !!

Thanks JazMan, hoping my wife comes around like yours did but unless the car were to look like a puppy she probably won't be too excited.

Congratz knight rider , I just purchased a 2006 XLR myself, of course it is the much preferred Infrared color, LOL . First day I took my wife for a ride and she smiled and laughed at me, asked her what was up and she said I looked just like a kid with a brand new toy !!

Thanks, the funny thing is that up until a month ago I lived not far from you in Austin, TX so winter driving wouldn't have been an issue. Hope to move back sometime soon....

Congratulations! That's really low mileage for a 2004. Hope you get some time to enjoy your new ride before the winter sets in. We had a similar experience when stopping by a Cadillac dealer to see if we could test drive a CTS-V back in 2006. They looked at us like we were crazy as we were interested in a Cadillac with a standard transmission. Later we returned and bought a STS from them and there was a XLR on the showroom floor and we had never seen or heard of one so we checked it out. They treated it like it was just for show and not for sale. Didn't buy at that time, but knew we had to have one. That dealer later was closed by Cadillac and I'm not surprised as they didn't have a clue what was going on with the transformation of the brand.

Infrared... Looks like those of us that own a 2004 Thunder Gray have on of the two rare colors, not one of the "common" colors. :laugh:

:wave:

So far I have to say that this car looks great in every available color! Infrared does make a bold statement though and I kinda prefer to be understated.

Infrared... Looks like those of us that own a 2004 Thunder Gray have on of the two rare colors, not one of the "common" colors. :laugh:

:wave:

So far I have to say that this car looks great in every available color! Infrared does make a bold statement though and I kinda prefer to be understated.

I'm not sure it's ever possible to be "understated" in a XLR - no matter what the color!

Welcome, and "they never are : ) "

Congratulations, and welcome to the site. Your comment cracked me up about your wife "not being as excited about it" as you are. This is my constant battle as in, "men are from Mars, women are from Venus".

I will soon post pictures of another car I bought a few days ago that is now being added, creating the apparent beginning of a 'stable' that seems to be forming. I am really excited about it, as you are with yours, with an exception. In the back of my mind; "Ah, she'll get over it eventually". :cool:

Regards,

Charles

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry