Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

I'm DEAD IN THE WATER!

shoalsgary

My XLR/V(s)
05 black
The keys, including emergency key are sitting on the front seat. I have only one emergency key. The battery is dead because I left it on ACC while removing the disc changer. The shift lever is not in park because I had to move it to remove the console cover. I don't have the title or registration yet because Tennessee hasn't sent the dealer the title yet so they can send it to me in Alabama. GM won't cut me a duplicate emergency key without my providing title and registration. I'm charging the battery from the supply wire to the fan radiator fan control module, but even when charged, I won't be able to open the doors or trunk without the gear selector in Park. I'm between a rock and a hard place! HELP!

Sounds like a locksmith is in your future.
I recently locked my fob/key in the trunk. I used a small wedge like a door stop to pull the driver's window away from the folding window, not too much pressure to break the window but enough to create a 1/4" gap. Inserted a long, hooked, metal rod and pulled up on the door emergency release lever. Took a few minutes and an extra set of eyes to guide the hooked end of the rod to the lever. Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree, you can do it yourself with a plastic wedge, airbag and a long hooked metal rod/wire. If you call a locksmith they will use the same tools. I think you can buy all these things at a harbor freight store. Then you will have them for any future situations on any vehicle. I have a set of these tools and can get into any car.

accnohjs4.jpg

Locksmith spent an hour trying everything and then took a five foot stainless welding rod, hooked the end and went behind the rear window up to the emergency door release $60

I agree, you can do it yourself with a plastic wedge, airbag and a long hooked metal rod/wire. If you call a locksmith they will use the same tools. I think you can buy all these things at a harbor freight store. Then you will have them for any future situations on any vehicle. I have a set of these tools and can get into any car.

View attachment 7912
That kit you have in the picture won’t do it. The rod with the hanle is a few inches too short.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom