Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

In process

comfortzone

I cant wait to see the tinted lights on your car. Your upgrades are making me jealous. I cant keep up with you! I still need to paint my calipers and upgrade to HIDs, which reminds me... I want to see what your calipers look like. I want to see more pics of your whole car.

Also, didnt you also get the staggered rims? Mine seem to rub when I go over bumps. I have to drive it very carefully and watch for potholes. Since our rims are basically from the same manufacturer I wanted to see if you were having the same issues.

Also, didnt you also get the staggered rims? Mine seem to rub when I go over bumps. I have to drive it very carefully and watch for potholes. Since our rims are basically from the same manufacturer I wanted to see if you were having the same issues.

Yes, mine will rub a little in the front if I go too fast over a big dip or pothole. Since this is my 2nd XLR, I knew that was the case. I actually went with larger tires on this one than I did the last and the rub is a little more frequent.

I'm not a fast driver, so I rarely have the rubbing issue.. I live in KY, so I am always prepared for hills and holes :pat:

I cant wait to see the tinted lights on your car. Your upgrades are making me jealous. I cant keep up with you! I still need to paint my calipers and upgrade to HIDs, which reminds me... I want to see what your calipers look like. I want to see more pics of your whole car.

I should get the car back today and I will try to get some good pictures posted before I leave for vacation.

I am really happy with all my mods, so far. After this current round, I will only have a couple of things left to do..(exhaust, cold air intake, carbon fiber interior instead if the wood)

Emblems in black chrome and final coat on everything else. Everything gets reinstalled today.

Rear lights in and emblems in black chrome!

I get the car back in a couple of hours. This guy has done a great job and has sent me progress pictures along the way. He text me earlier and asked if he could just keep the car, he said he has grown quite attached to it!

I got the car back and I think it looks great!! Black grille, black chrome emblems, smoked lights and 10,000k headlights and fog lights!

In a couple of weeks he will get it back to do any touch ups he wants to do and wax everything!

The "smoked" lenses look great against the platinum color of your XLR! I wonder if anyone has done this to a black vehicle and how that turned out?

If I read the specs correctly, you've upped your headlight and fog lamp intensity from 6000k to 10000k? Does this provide adequate intensity to "overcome" the tinting (and I'm assuming it does, at least to your eyes)?

Can you explain the process required with the smoking or tinting of the lenses? Thanks!

The "smoked" lenses look great against the platinum color of your XLR! I wonder if anyone has done this to a black vehicle and how that turned out?

If I read the specs correctly, you've upped your headlight and fog lamp intensity from 6000k to 10000k? Does this provide adequate intensity to "overcome" the tinting (and I'm assuming it does, at least to your eyes)?

Can you explain the process required with the smoking or tinting of the lenses? Thanks!

There was a black XLR on EBay with smoked lights and black Foose wheels. It looked great!!

The 10000k lights cut right through the smoked lenses. He smoked the headlights a little lighter than the tail lights.

I had the work done, so I am not sure about the specifics. He removed all the lights, cleaned them and did multiple coats of the tint spray.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom