Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Injector Balance ***Tech 2 Diagnostic tool***

Mad_Trbo

My XLR/V(s)
XLR/V
I am relatively new to this platform and have been trying to perform and injector balance test under menu option Special functions of the Tech 2 diagnostic tool. I am getting an error voltage out of range when I try to do this. Can anyone with Tech 2 experience give me some feedback on what this may mean or where to look for the issue.

Reason for test, I think I may have a borderline injector on number 2 and would prefer not to just throw a new injector at it since I have the tool to test it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I am relatively new to this platform and have been trying to perform and injector balance test under menu option Special functions of the Tech 2 diagnostic tool. I am getting an error voltage out of range when I try to do this. Can anyone with Tech 2 experience give me some feedback on what this may mean or where to look for the issue.

Reason for test, I think I may have a borderline injector on number 2 and would prefer not to just throw a new injector at it since I have the tool to test it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Are you using the Factory Service Manual to perform the Fuel Injector Balance Test procedure?

CCC :wave:

Tea and China

Are you using the Factory Service Manual to perform the Fuel Injector Balance Test procedure?

I am. How does that play into the issue I am facing? It simply directed me to perform the test and gives guidelines on calculations. I can't even get the actual balance program to launch to review the performance of each injector.

I am. How does that play into the issue I am facing? It simply directed me to perform the test and gives guidelines on calculations. I can't even get the actual balance program to launch to review the performance of each injector.

Does it mention having to use any special GM tools to perform the test? Does it require attaching a pressure gauge to measure suspected pressure loss while enabling the fuel pump w/Tech 2 prior to running this procedure?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back