Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

IS A XLR A GOOD RELIABLE USED CAR 2007 98000KM

LOL BOY'S

Good job! Don't know what a "carproof" is but guess it's similar to CarFax. Good to see that, hopefully, no work was needed since 2011!!

Now, don't let that dealer put the headlight in your eyes when you start negotiating. Give your wife the checkbook!! ha ha
ACTUALLY TRADING MY 4X4 , 1 FOR 1 I DONT NOW WHAT THEY WANT IN US FOR 1 OF THIS YEAR BUT HEAR THERE ALL GIVE OR TAKE AROUND 30,000

LOL I DI THINK THATS WHY SHE'S COMING ... PHIL

LOL
Good job! Don't know what a "carproof" is but guess it's similar to CarFax. Good to see that, hopefully, no work was needed since 2011!!

Now, don't let that dealer put the headlight in your eyes when you start negotiating. Give your wife the checkbook!! ha ha

98000KM???

ACTUALLY TRADING MY 4X4 , 1 FOR 1 I DONT NOW WHAT THEY WANT IN US FOR 1 OF THIS YEAR BUT HEAR THERE ALL GIVE OR TAKE AROUND 30,000

If this car has 98000KM (I think that's about 61,000 miles) it would be considerably less than $30,000 here in US.

Here's what Kelly Blue Book (a good source) shows as value thru a dealer for a similar car here in Georgia - assuming I entered correct mileage (61,000)

Kelley Blue Book

hi phil ty for info

If this car has 98000KM (I think that's about 61,000 miles) it would be considerably less than $30,000 here in US.

Here's what Kelly Blue Book (a good source) shows as value thru a dealer for a similar car here in Georgia - assuming I entered correct mileage (61,000)

Kelley Blue Book
price they want on average in Detroit 4 hrs away from me is 24,800 consider our exchange rate dollar right now 75cent to to yours is roughly same as 30,000 Canadian in my head thank god its not ball game time or to many beers to figure that one out but that's great info ty for getting back PHIL....

price they want on average in Detroit 4 hrs away from me is 24,800 consider our exchange rate dollar right now 75cent to to yours is roughly same as 30,000 Canadian in my head thank god its not ball game time or to many beers to figure that one out but that's great info ty for getting back PHIL....

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN - sometimes cars are like boats - the two happiest days of owning them are the day you buy and the day you sell!!!

I would just check all functions of the car. Also the condition of everything seats,carpet,dented trim panels,tires,brakes,paint,everything. Check the headlights for crazing. They say it was fixed in previous years but check them they should be clear. Check the trunk for signs of leaking. Run the top acouple times. When driving turn the wheel all the way at a stop and accelerate. If you hear or feel pushing or chattering in the rear the clutches could need replacing. Sounds like the previous owner had some of the problems that happen taken care of like the radiators.
Good luck with your deal hope all works in your favor:thumbsup

Ty stella , phil and al jazz and to the many others let you know what happens tomorrow night

have a great day .....
I would just check all functions of the car. Also the condition of everything seats,carpet,dented trim panels,tires,brakes,paint,everything. Check the headlights for crazing. They say it was fixed in previous years but check them they should be clear. Check the trunk for signs of leaking. Run the top acouple times. When driving turn the wheel all the way at a stop and accelerate. If you hear or feel pushing or chattering in the rear the clutches could need replacing. Sounds like the previous owner had some of the problems that happen taken care of like the radiators.
Good luck with your deal hope all works in your favor:thumbsup

If you get the chance, Google the VIN - that can pull up lots of interesting info, prior ads for sale, pricing, even if it was sold for salvage before. Good luck & happy hunting!

According to my calculator, it's closer to C$33K.

FWIW

Hope all goes well. Best case would be for you to find a Caddy dealer open, with a Certified XLR Tech. Short of that, I suggest you exercise the top up/down a few times, vigorously test drive it, verify the operation of the manual-shift mode, check out the adaptive cruise control (ACC), review all maintenance records, look for water presence in the driver's-side cubby hole compartment in the trunk, etc., and then line up an extended warranty company (see the several threads on this site regarding them). Priceless.

Tim

ANTICIPATION???????

Ok, I know we're all waiting to hear the outcome of your test drive? DO WE HAVE A NEW TOY IN THE GARAGE?:dunno:

Phil

NO LONGER LOOKING NEW PROUD OWNER

HEY Guys and Girls dealership had it filled with fuel sales person said take it out for a few HOURS you wont be disappointed and right now touch wood we are not also gave me 4years 80thou km warranty full not just drivetrain so hope he one of the few honest ones out there delivery to my door tomorrow every button roof 5 or 6 times functioned not a scratch shifts auto and manual with no hesitation so all I can do is hope she keeps running like that , send pics in next few days when I get a chance don't laugh but was doing 100 and let go steering wheel and hit brakes fairly hard car stayed in lane till it stopped fully . talk to you soon Phil
Ok, I know we're all waiting to hear the outcome of your test drive? DO WE HAVE A NEW TOY IN THE GARAGE?:dunno:

Phil

YEEHAW!!

HEY Guys and Girls dealership had it filled with fuel sales person said take it out for a few HOURS you wont be disappointed and right now touch wood we are not also gave me 4years 80thou km warranty full not just drivetrain so hope he one of the few honest ones out there delivery to my door tomorrow every button roof 5 or 6 times functioned not a scratch shifts auto and manual with no hesitation so all I can do is hope she keeps running like that , send pics in next few days when I get a chance don't laugh but was doing 100 and let go steering wheel and hit brakes fairly hard car stayed in lane till it stopped fully . talk to you soon Phil

Congratulations. I'm sure you can't wait til tomorrow now. Sounds like you got a good one - hope you never need that warranty!!

Sounds you got a great deal Phil hope you enjoy her as much we enjoy ours! Cruz"on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Drive it like you stole it

Phil,
My "05" with 45K miles isn't without its minor issues, but driving it outweighs any of
it's "quirks". There are other cars I would like to own, but I can't seem to part with
my XLR.
Have fun & take good care of your new ride....

I agree about not having it as your only car. I've had mine about a month and love it! However, I now have a check engine light and running rough, so she's down til my Kevin (thank goodness I have someone who is mechanically minded in my home!) can check on it. He pulled the code, and it's something about running lean.

Anyhow, right up until that I was having a blast and driving the car every time I left the house. :) I'm sad she's down at the moment, but I have other vehicles to drive.

ps What Hummer did you have? I had an H3 for about 7-8 yrs and LOVED it. In fact, it's still in the family as my daughter has it now.

Simple fix Liz. Mine did that once and it was a loose intake manifold bolt. Have any mechanic take off the engine cover. Two turns and its fixed. My guy didn't charge me a dime. He did in three minutes.

Simple fix Liz. Mine did that once and it was a loose intake manifold bolt. Have any mechanic take off the engine cover. Two turns and its fixed. My guy didn't charge me a dime. He did in three minutes.

Kevin asks "Do you know which bolt?"

I drove a Chevy Camaro today. WOW what a ride. Would trade but dealer will not give me much for the XLR. Will try to sell so I can purchase one.

We test drove a "new generation" Camaro SS when they first came out. Given that experience -- and I am not trying to start something (that's my day job, don't need to do it here) -- but have to say getting rid of a XLR to get a Camaro I do not understand AT ALL. :dunno:

However, to each their own as the old lady said while she kissed the cow (or maybe Camaro) ...

...would trade but dealer will not give me much for the XLR. Will try to sell so I can purchase one.

Sounds like a good deal on an XLR coming up. What did the dealer offer you? :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back