Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Is there a list of "good" service dealers?

lucky_topher

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Raven Black XLR
I need to get my car serviced (top aligned, it's currently NOT aligned properly)... I'm concerned that A) someone won't know what they're doing, and B) because of that they'll charge me more for it...

So... is there a list of dealers that have experience with the XLR that *should* be working on them? And is there a specific number of service hours that are recommended/listed for a top realignment? 1 hr? 3 hr? 5 hr?

Thanks...

I need to get my car serviced (top aligned, it's currently NOT aligned properly)... I'm concerned that A) someone won't know what they're doing, and B) because of that they'll charge me more for it...

So... is there a list of dealers that have experience with the XLR that *should* be working on them? And is there a specific number of service hours that are recommended/listed for a top realignment? 1 hr? 3 hr? 5 hr?

Thanks...
When the XLR's first came out and before a dealership could sell any, they had to send a tech to school to become XLR trained. I would check with your Cadillac dealerships in your area and see if they have an "XLR Technician" on staff. Then, I would ask how many XLR's the dealership has sold and/or serviced, especially as far as the top is concerned.
As far as time, it would all depend on what is misaligned and how long it takes to align. Since there are so many alignment points and sensors, it would be hard to estimate the time it would take; hence the dealership would probably charge it out per hour.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom