Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! ISO MECHANIC

Cassondra McQueen

I am trying to locate a mechanic in my area (or as close as possible) willing to look at my car. It won't even start as it is not getting any power to the dash. The only mechanic I know personally is not familiar enough with working on a Cadillac to get it started and my only other option is to have it towed to the dealer I bought it from. They are not a Cadillac dealership exclusively and charge $200.00+ an hour for labor and mark up their parts. I not only can't afford that kind of gouging to fix it, I fear towing it will result in damage. (From my own past experience with a towing a car with such a low clearance). I have no problem paying a reasonable amount for labor and maybe even travel. I live in Somerset, Kentucky and own a 2005 Cadillac XLR (obviously). There HAS to be someone close by that can help me. I've been pretty much stranded for over a year now!! Even if you see this and can't help me, PLEASE pass this post on to anyone you think might be able to or give me some advice.
I don't know what else to do at this point. I've only driven it maybe 10 times in the 3 years I've had it and I can't even sell it if it doesn't start.

Please help if you can...

Thanks for your time...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry