Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

It's official..I'm a moron.

MOTO13

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-Black
I put the XLR in storage yesterday. Can't get at it until 4/19/17. No big deal. I disconnected the battery, closed the hood, put on the cover and there it will sit until I get access again in April. It finally dawned on me last night... Ok, how the hell do I get back into the car without a battery? Luckily I have my owners manual, conveniently locked in the cars glove box. Anyone help me?

I have the keys. Just found out about the hidden rear plug...to access a key lock...to access the trunk...to access the drivers door..to access the hood...to access the battery. Thanks tho!!!

I put the XLR in storage yesterday. Can't get at it until 4/19/17. No big deal. I disconnected the battery, closed the hood, put on the cover and there it will sit until I get access again in April. It finally dawned on me last night... Ok, how the hell do I get back into the car without a battery? Luckily I have my owners manual, conveniently locked in the cars glove box. Anyone help me?

Much the same applies if you are going to work on your XLR and need to disconnect the battery. Open a door FIRST, THEN disconnect the battery (and trunk if you need it). Ok, you can re-connect the battery and open a door, but it is easier to remember "leave door open and don't shut it while battery is disconnected". I put a small carpet into the door jamb to prevent the door from shutting too, as anyone might "just shut the door" trying to be helpful. You can leave a window open too and reach in, that works.

When I put my battery tender on my car when I put it away for the winter, I fold a towel and lay it on top of the hood latch to keep it from latching....just in case the battery doesn't charge correctly. I still plan to drive it once a month just to keep the fluids moving and to keep the tires from being in one place all winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I put my battery tender on my car when I put it away for the winter, I fold a towel and lay it on top of the hood latch to keep it from latching....just in case the battery doesn't charge correctly. I still plan to drive it once a month just to keep the fluids moving and to keep the tires from being in one place all winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All great ideas. I purchased 2 small Cadillac FOB leather cases on eBay in which it holds not only the FOB but the KEY, a spare CR2032 battery and a quarter to use in opening the FOB to replace the CR2032.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back