Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Just looking for an explanation???

Grocery-Gtr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Xenon Blue, I call "Blue Thunder."
Good evening all. More FNG questions. I'm slowly, but surely figuring out my new/old XLR. Saw this setup in the roof top module compartment (see attachments). The original module is supposedly defective and was replaced with what you see in photo's 1 and 2. Pic 3 is the original module and pic 4 is it's part number. I notice the part number is different from what I've seen, P/N 151831086. Also noticed in pic 2, there is a free plug. It has to go somewhere. Any thoughts on what you see?
Actual roof top module.jpgRoof top compartment.jpgRoof top module.jpgroof top part number.jpg

Howdy!
The finned aluminum module ( 10348979 ) is the suspension module. It just happens to live in the same bucket.

The roof / pump module ( 10317458 ) is the plastic boxed one. Sorry, I don't have an immediate answer for any spare connector though I don't recall that there's anything in the bucket that's left dangling. Check perhaps if you have a mating connector around the pump or maybe tucked back in the carpet...anywhere within reach of the culprit.

While you're in there, make sure 'the bucket' is clean and its drain hole is clear. It was a really silly idea of GM to toss things like the pump and costly modules in a place that tends to collect water!

HTH!

Gord :thumbsup

Howdy Gord. That does help. that's crazy that the connectors have the same pattern. So looking at the YT vids of Top Hydraulics, it may be the single point connector for the roof top module (RTM). Klaus, of Top hydraulics, does a demo of removing/replacing the hydraulic res and he disconnects the RTM by disconnecting one connector. And I'll check the "the bucket" drain holes. Thanks for the response. I'm lovin this forum already....

the top module was upgrade in 2006 It would carry a different part number than the early one that came in the car. If you have an old module there is an upgrade flash the dealer can do to the old one. The new number its not needed. looks like you have the old top module .It should have a sticker on it that says it was recalibrated by the dealer .The new top module ( the black plastic one ) has a part number 25840734.that is the latest one that fits all cars and has the latest updates.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back