Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Leak Update

MarkSki

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Grey XLR
On a rain day after an hours trip the floor on the driver's side would be soak and wet. It would take me a couple of days with towels and a heat gun to dry things out.

I took my Grey Jewel to the Cadillac Doctor and they kept here for two days. They removed the inside door panel and sealed up everything, speaker and all. They cleaned out the door drain(s) and checked the outside window seal. They even made an additional piece and sealed something with it, I'm not sure, I didn't notice that until I got home and read the service report.

Happy to report no more leaks! I had a broken inner wheel well and purchased a new one from gmpartsdirect for a tad over $100 shipped. Good price I thought. I had Caddy install it because some of it is glued and I didn't have their factory glue. They only charged me $50 to install it, and they only took 1/2 hour. It would have taken me a lot longer than that :chuckle

The area that the inner wheel well was broken was right in back of the driver's seat and that's where I thought the water was coming from but after installing a new one, that was not where the water was coming from. There is a thick bag that is behind the driver's seat right in front of that wheel well and I'm not sure what it inside of that bag but I think it some sort of sound proofing from the factory. I didn't want that to get messed up too.

My 88 Vette has the same type of bag material that my jack is inside of so some of you might know what I'm talking about.

So leak solved! :twist::blue:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back