Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Leaking radiator problem

Thanks for the reply. Good info to know.
i live in Canada so the prices go up drastically due to extra shipping costs.

Hi Deano,
IMHO, all of us living on this side of the fence need to do some careful ciphering what with the actual exchange rates used and the transport costs. Take that versus anything you might be able to get locally and I'll easily wager that buying out of the US is almost leagues ahead of anything here in Canada. It's almost to the point it's embarrassing.

I'd love to help my 'local economy' and I do for some things exclusively, but there has to be a limit. I don't even want to think what I've 'bled' in to my XLR project this year however if I had done my bleeding exclusively in Canada... I'd be dead! :lol:

I'd always, -always- recommend to check at RockAuto too. They cover so many suppliers, they're efficient, and just poke around the web and find a discount code (5%) which helps a bit on the big-ticket items. eBay can do quite well with their Global Shipping Program. Problem at this time is a backlog on account of virus, so the wait for something from them will vary (if it matters or not).

HTH!

Gord :thumbsup

Gord
being north of 60 does pose procurement issues. The best price that I have seen is on amazon.com. I will check out rock auto to see what they have to offer.
i think I’ve just about wore out my iPad in the past few days trying to get the right radiator at the right price.

:)

Radiator problem

Deano.

An ecomical way is to have your radiator rebuild in your area radiator shop, they will clean the in / out of the core and testing its pressure.

Google on internet of your area you might be pleased.

IAN :wave:

Mickeytee
you pretty much hit the nail on the head what I have been finding.
but GM/ AC Delco do have them at a premium rate.
☹️

Radiator leaking

Sally ( Micheal)

The pressurised plastic container can be weld with the needed rod, a good radiator shop will do it properly.

For the worst a suitable copper or else can be made by a fine shop, however that could increase the repair cost.

Five yeasr ago my XLR radiator was leaking from its container, my local radiator shop fix it and it as never leak again.$$$ and it works like a new one, no needs to modify a none new XLR radiator.$$$$

IAN :blinzel:

The return can on the radiator for my 06 Base XLR has failed. I am having difficulty Procuring a replacement that has both a transmission and engine oil cooler. Only one available only has a tranny cooler.
anyone know where I can find a suitable replacement?
the part # tag on the failed radiator indicates it is 10346017.
when checking into a sellers description of radiators with this number it does not have the engine oil cooler.

Deano
I ran into a similar situation. I have seen 10346017 factory radiators with and without the engine oil cooler fittings on the driver's side and transmission fittings are on the passenger side. I would have them check before shipping. I needed one without and bought an aftermarket radiator on EBay. I was able to install it without removing the A/C condenser. I clipped off the tabs on the bottom that the fan shroud locks on to and it made it easier to remove. Having the correct tools to remove the transmission lines was also helpful. The new radiator "snapped" right in. Mark

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom