Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lockpick review

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
I got the lockpick installed today. Heres how it went. First let me say my x is an 04 non XM. Coastal says on non XM you connect to the back of the radio. 1/2 hour on the internet searching the right way to get the radio out. 1/2 hour getting the radio out. 15 minutes getting ****ed because there is not a plug on the back of the radio to match what they sent me. 15 minutes putting everything together. 1 minute to open the trunk and find there is a plug hanging where the XM module is supposed to be. 30 seconds to plug in the lockpick and try it out. Heres how it works. navigation in the redio is very basic. only next song and last previous song. what I did find is if you start a playlist before you plug in the Ipod it will be in that playlist and then you can scroll through the songs one by one. The sound is excellent. as good as a cd. What I did find is if you use the rca jacks on the lockpick and plug it into the headphone jack the sound is as good and you can use the Ipod to search and choose your songs. That is how I will use it. All in all it is well worth the money. it has it's limitations but the sound is great and I can use my Ipod or my phone on the rca input.

For anyone who is interested, I've had the lockpick for about a month now and all I can say is it's great. I cant imadgine having an XLR and not having one of these if you like music. and the the good news is I just checked and they actully have them in stock.

I instaled mine last year and I use it several times a week. I am satisfied with it. The trick is to set-up a few playlists that you can select from the radio. A few means 10 or less, not 50. :chuckle

SilverX :D

For anyone who is interested, I've had the lockpick for about a month now and all I can say is it's great. I cant imadgine having an XLR and not having one of these if you like music. and the the good news is I just checked and they actully have them in stock.

I just bought a 2 gig nano for the car and put the most listened to songs on it. I set up only 6 playlists. I ran the aux input from the lockpick up to the cig lighter hole and I use it when I want more songs and I just use my Iphone with where I have 2200 songs and about 50 playlists but they work out good because with that one I just use the screen on the Iphone. I can also unplug the nano and charge the Iphone.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom