Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lookin' fer' some help,......

johnpbaird

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Silver
Where in the heck is the tightening screw,...or what-ever for the interior, rear view mirror??
Mine's kinda weak and has to be re-adjusted after hitting a bump!!

JB :wave:

OK,.........Here's the latest.

I attempted to remove the mirror, but only succeeded to remove the plastic covers.
After foolin with it, I decided to visit a Windshield Repair/replacement shop,...(They should know!).
The mirror comes off with a certain twist, (That I wouldn't try) but it was done by the windshield shop.
#Seems that there is a grey circle which holds the tension on the ball, and it was broken/cracked and was not replaceable.
I asked the guy for advice and told him that I had received information on maybe a little silicone??
He wasn't really inthused on that idea but suggested the black putty, used to secure the window to the car.
Soooo he took a little piece, rolled it between his hands and placed it inside the affected area, (around the ball).
Then he took a small plastic tool and stuffed it all around and inside the affected area.
This seemed to work pretty well but we'll see.
He then replaced the mirror and the plastic cover.
I would strongly suggest to have the mirror removed by a professional, (as I did) and as I did,....slip him a $20!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom