Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Looking for XLR Mechanic, Philadelphia Area

XLR Newbie

My XLR/V(s)
Hello Everyone - My wife just inherited an XLR (still determining exact model), and it needs work. Given this car's sensitivities, can anyone recommend a mechanic whose specialties include the XLR? I am in the Philadelphia area, west of the city. I appreciate any information. Thanks, Michael

XLR Newbie

Welcome on this site.

With the help of internet, ask for the XLR Cadillac dealerships, also the corvette repairs shop of your area, that usely are aware and know the XLRs.

You could be surprise of the choice you can have to get your car repaired.

The name of the game is to know how good they are, call them and ask questions about their knowledges and their labor rate

Good luck.

IAN :blinzel:

tell us,,,,

",,,,,it needs work..."

Newbie,,, You might be more specific with the XLR problems/issues you are experiencing, as you may not
need a XLR tech trained 15 years ago..... and who may not be around any longer. A good C6 Corvette tech can
help you with many issues....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> 10 Best Corvette Repair Shops Philadelphia, PA - Mechanic Advisor

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice.

The car sat for a while, then it was brought to the dealer, who repaired the central computer system, then tried to start the car, which resulted in two fuel pumps failing due to failure to drain the old gas.

Fuel system is same as a c5/c6 corvette. Fuel pump replacement can cost a pretty penny at the dealer. Think $1800+. It’s a bit labor intensive but not hard to do. Most general mechanics should be able.

that must have been some really old gas. as fireduck says .its not a high tech repair but it is a lot of nuts and bolts and a pretty high labor price to pull the tanks. any Corvette shop in the area would have done it before and know the labor

welcome newbie,
did you find a competent mechanic?
i am also in philly area.
in the past i have used County Corvette for general maintenance.
they are in West Chester PA
they were comfortable with the xlr as its a vette underneath.
if anything got really tricky i might consider the the local dealer.
but so far i have only had generic issues. nothing that was XLR specific.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom