Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Looking to Bluetooth phone and music - Suggestions ?

rock5462

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR in Silver
Hi, I have a 2005 and kinda really miss being able to Bluetooth my phone and well, would love to have music using a USB port if one can be added to our systems or bluetoothing it or adjust the CD/DVD player to except an MP3 DVD loaded with 100 songs on it.
Idea's - thoughts ?
Thanks very much.

Your options are:
  • Get one of the bluetooth adapters that are powered through the accessory plug that squirts the signal from your bluetooth device to a selected frequency on your XLR FM band. Worked ok for me
  • Search on the forum for the Ray Kawal AUX-2 kit. I don't know if he's still making these or not
  • Dump the stock head unit and upgrade to a Kenwood, Pioneer or other aftermarket head unit that has all the features you want. Bluetooth, USB, Sirius/XM, DVD, Android Auto or Apple Car Play. This will also enable you to have a backup camera which this car desperately needs.

I don't think this is an inclusive list, but the more popular solutions

Your options are:
  • Get one of the bluetooth adapters that are powered through the accessory plug that squirts the signal from your bluetooth device to a selected frequency on your XLR FM band. Worked ok for me
  • Search on the forum for the Ray Kawal AUX-2 kit. I don't know if he's still making these or not
  • Dump the stock head unit and upgrade to a Kenwood, Pioneer or other aftermarket head unit that has all the features you want. Bluetooth, USB, Sirius/XM, DVD, Android Auto or Apple Car Play. This will also enable you to have a backup camera which this car desperately needs.

I don't think this is an inclusive list, but the more popular solutions

Hey Thx, didn't know just the radio could be switched out. Gonna see what fits and how much, Thx.

Another solution is buy the Ray Kawal Aux-2 and purchase Kinivo unit! You can even use this for with a smart phone to have your navigation come through your speakers if your playing thru your music off your phone, at least it does with my set up, but will not work when the radio or CD is play. It also allow you to answer you phone hands free talk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh by the way you can purchase a Aux unit to keep your XM if you wish, unless they have changed you need to unplug the Kinivo unit for the XM to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back