Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Loud noise - coolant leak - discontinued parts

Batmobile

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR-V
Hey all,

I recently discovered that I have a coolant leak :)() coming from the top inlet hose. I didn't realize it until the car kept asking for more and more coolant. I found the red liquid splattered all around the engine and SC belts.

It looks like the coolant covered all the belts and that's where the noise is coming from.

If I pour water over the belts the noise is gone immediately. So I figure I need to change the hoses since they're damaged, and then change the belt since it looks very old. Problem is I'm not sure which belt I need to change, the S/C belt or engine or water pulley. Not sure which one out of the 3 belts.

But the main problem is that I couldn't find the hose being sold anywhere. The dealer says it's a discontinued part, and I'm not sure what to do about that. The hose item # is 19129890.
Inlet Hose - GM (19129890) | GMPartsDirect.com

So what's the plan now? Is there anywhere I can find a similar hose, from a different car possibly the STS or SRX? Need help!

Thanks everyone.

I was able to replace all my belts from rock auto and my local NAPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to replace all my belts from rock auto and my local NAPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks RBrown,
The belts seem readily available most places. It's the hose that I can't find.
Looks like I'll be making a custom one instead.

I got the hoses there also. It was such a pain getting apart I replaced everything including the water pump. I got all aftermarket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked the hoses all came from rock auto

he is in saudi arabia. I have kits for the hoses but shipping would be to expensive to ship there.

I just checked the hoses all came from rock auto

Thanks for the heads up about RockAuto. I couldn't find it there as well. I guess what I'll do is take it out and have a place customize a hose for me that would have the same fittings/dimensions.

he is in saudi arabia. I have kits for the hoses but shipping would be to expensive to ship there.

Hey Tally Sally,
Can you please PM pics of the hoses you got? I might just shell out for the shipping if they're what I'm looking for.
Thanks!

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to leave an update on what happened with my issue with the hoses.

I went to a shop that specializes in making custom brass connectors. They used the old hose, since it has a different size diameter on both ends. They fitted the connectors and everything is looking great so far.

IMG_20200118_145308.jpg

IMG_20200118_145258.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing that helpful update.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom