Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lower Grill Suggestions

Kenny Franklin

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum XLR
Hello everyone I just purchased JROB's 06 XLR, car is near perfect minus just a few little items. Most obvious on the exterior is the damage to the lower grill with several grids broken out. Car is light platinum ( silver ), I'm not sure how good the stainless mesh would look between the black panels. Does anyone make a black mesh ? Any pictures and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone I just purchased JROB's 06 XLR, car is near perfect minus just a few little items. Most obvious on the exterior is the damage to the lower grill with several grids broken out. Car is light platinum ( silver ), I'm not sure how good the stainless mesh would look between the black panels. Does anyone make a black mesh ? Any pictures and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ken if you go to my profile page I have a picture of kind of what your talking about. Except I wanted to go with a more horizontal mesh. I found the piece on ebay under mesh grille. It was ALOT larger I cut it down to fit perfect and polished it all for under twenty bucks. They sell the mesh piece separate that is identical to a V grille also. Congrats on your purchase enjoy!

I too have that problem with my 06 infrared base. I agree it needs to be replaced. But I only have about 4-5 broken pieces. So until I notice more that go missing. I really don't want to tackle that project until a little later. I think unless someone goes with a mesh grill then those problems with the plastic pieces will continue to disappear.
But congratulations on your new (to you) purchase. I think from what Jrob has said. She has kept her ride in great shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Kenny and Congrats on your new purchase! Hope you find a solution for your grill!!!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Mesh Grilles

Kenny:
Welcome to the clan. My 2008 XLR has upper and likely lower mesh grilles by E&G Classics. A quality product. There is an E&G logo on the upper one. With a bit of searching you could likely find Stainless Steel Mesh of the same (1/4") size. There are also places that can electro polish Stainless and it looks like Chrome when done. Black is easy. Rattle can!
Regards,
Gord.

While on the grill subject my 05 upper grill is painted silver same as the car color, spots starting to peel! Can I buy a chrome upper grill? If so how much and from who?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

While on the grill subject my 05 upper grill is painted silver same as the car color, spots starting to peel! Can I buy a chrome upper grill? If so how much and from who?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I believe the '08 special Platinum edition came with a chrome grille that is like the base. I purchase mine quite a while ago. Sorry, don't have the part number...

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Dan - we put one on Beauty, GM parts direct # 25938126. Contact Mike if you have questions. Note they won't confirm it's the right part unless you have a VIN that the chrome grill was OEM for (we don't & you don't). We just took a shot & ordered it.

Don't know about other suppliers.

Dan - we put one on Beauty, GM parts direct # 25938126. Contact Mike if you have questions. Note they won't confirm it's the right part unless you have a VIN that the chrome grill was OEM for (we don't & you don't). We just took a shot & ordered it.

Don't know about other suppliers.

Thx Amy I'll check it out!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I believe the '08 special Platinum edition came with a chrome grille that is like the base. I purchase mine quite a while ago. Sorry, don't have the part number...

Thx Rod

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

eBay usually has grills.

Thx JRob I'll check on there!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I thought so too...I looked recently and couldn't find the lower unit. Today is someone's lucky day.

Jrob But you need your girl back unless you buy the parts then find the right platinum edition.

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Checked on my price on the grille/part number that XLRATING posted, 25932812. Lists at $589.42, my cost is $501.00. That does not include shipping to you. My dealer has to order, so let me know if you want it.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back