Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lowering the top

Is it true that you have to be on a level surface in order to lower and raise the top?

I guess it is preferred to be on level ground. My driveway has an incline, I pull straight out of the garage, shift into park and lower the top, no problem. When I return home I back onto the drive, line up straight with the garage door, not at an angle and put the top back up. I think as long as you are straight on an incline and not at an angle you will be okay.

When i was having troubles with my top I was told that. Now that the top is fixed and properly adjusted I have tried it at all angles and it has worked fine every time

lowering the top

thanks for the headsup.
Monepit..nice seeing an familiar member of the Allante Club.
I took the plung also to the XLR..thanks for the advice you gave me a few months back.
And yes I still have the black/black 93 Allante..dont know whether to sell it or keep it.

Hello Moneypit! Wondered where you were hanging out these days. Art P says hello. Saw him a while back.

Boilermaker, if you have a place to keep it, might as well keep the 93 Allante... not worth enough to sell these days.

Regards,
Jester
(aka Cappy in Mississippi)
White 08
Aqua Verde 93

Hello Moneypit! Wondered where you were hanging out these days. Art P says hello. Saw him a while back.

Boilermaker, if you have a place to keep it, might as well keep the 93 Allante... not worth enough to sell these days.

Regards,
Jester
(aka Cappy in Mississippi)
White 08
Aqua Verde 93
Welcome to the XLR Net Jester. :wave:

lowering the top

Welcome Jester
I myself am new to the forum by only a few weeks.
You are right about the value of the Allante-perfect shape and still only worth around 10,000. trying to find storage garage for it-the XLR will be kicking her out of the garage.

Been there done that. I didn't want to give the allante away either, but after a while I got to where it was a chore to drive it after driving the xlr. The X is so superior in so many ways it is all I want to drive. 20000 miles in the first year. Now that's what a cool car is all about.

93 Allante

Same here...my 93 has only 60K but not worth the trouble...the BMW 840 and XLR are a blast so why go through the hassle...going to just basically donate the Allante to a guy at work...

Is it true that you have to be on a level surface in order to lower and raise the top?

I suspect what you don't want is to have the chassis flexed. Just a guess.

There's no override that will shut it off if the car isn't level.

I haven't found any incline yet where the top won't work... I've put it down on most city streets, whether I'm on a hill or not and have had no problems at all.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom