Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Making a Change!

cubby558

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader
After owning two XLR's at different times over the last 12 years; I made a decision to trade my '06 XLR-V on a new C7 Z06 Corvette. They made an offer that was too good to pass up! Supa & I have made a lot of friends over the years through the XLR's and those friendships continue; no matter what car we drive. We wish all the best to the 'new generation" of XLR owners and I'll still check in occasionally to offer any knowledge that can help someone. I also have XLR parts which I will go through and post up for sale on this site.

We are also still planning to make the 15 year reunion; but it will be in the Z06 or the CTS-V Coupe!

Good luck to all and happy motoring!!

Cubby

p.s. There is a Stunning XLR-V for sale in Benton Harbor, MI

After owning two XLR's at different times over the last 12 years; I made a decision to trade my '06 XLR-V on a new C7 Z06 Corvette. They made an offer that was too good to pass up! Supa & I have made a lot of friends over the years through the XLR's and those friendships continue; no matter what car we drive. We wish all the best to the 'new generation" of XLR owners and I'll still check in occasionally to offer any knowledge that can help someone. I also have XLR parts which I will go through and post up for sale on this site.

We are also still planning to make the 15 year reunion; but it will be in the Z06 or the CTS-V Coupe!

Cubby

Great choice to move into a C7 Z. AND you have a V coupe! There aren’t many performance enthusiasts on this site but based on your stable you are one of them. Congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a blue C7 Z06 where I live, awesome looking car. Just curious what you thought about the 4 class action lawsuits GM has been slapped with over this particular car. If you do not run the car at the track I do not think any of these issues will arise that the lawsuits are about.

Post a photo of your new ride! :thumbsup

Here's some photos:

IMG_1375.JPGIMG_1377.JPGIMG_1389.JPG

There is a blue C7 Z06 where I live, awesome looking car. Just curious what you thought about the 4 class action lawsuits GM has been slapped with over this particular car. If you do not run the car at the track I do not think any of these issues will arise that the lawsuits are about.

I won't be tracking the car, as most who joined the class-action lawsuit are; but I'm sure it will see the track occasionally for some spirited driving!

Nice ZO6,,,

:thumbsup Congrats Cubby,,,,, I also sold my XLR and went to a Corvette, just due to parts availability incase the worst things might happen.

I miss the XLR greatly, as it was the best road car I've ever owned,,,,,and it stood out from the crowd.

Happy trails to you,,,,,,

Great choice to move into a C7 Z. AND you have a V coupe! There aren’t many performance enthusiasts on this site but based on your stable you are one of them. Congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW, the silver really sets off that car! Very, nice!

:thumbsup Congrats Cubby,,,,, I also sold my XLR and went to a Corvette, just due to parts availability incase the worst things might happen.

I miss the XLR greatly, as it was the best road car I've ever owned,,,,,and it stood out from the crowd.

Happy trails to you,,,,,,

Thank you all for the posts. I'm sure I'll have mixed emotions of getting rid of the XLR-V. We went on many trips across the US with many friends here. I, like pure zen, found myself wondering what if...when driving the XLR the last year. Money isn't the object; trying to replace something that is no longer available is the problem. Having it just sitting around because it is rare, isn't my idea of enjoying it, so it was time to make a change.

I will now just be another Corvette in the crowd! But when you see a silver flash zoom past you with QWIK 1 plates on it; you will know it me!!

GM/Cadillac forgot about us who own their flagship model,,,,,,

Quote: ",,,,, Money isn't the object; trying to replace something that is no longer available is the problem. Having it just sitting around because it is rare, isn't my idea of enjoying it, so it was time to make a change.

:thumbsup My thoughts exactly the same Cubby,,,,, When my lady passed away,, I was holding onto a Viper SRT 10 coupe, a Mustang convertible daily driver with hi-mileage, the XLR, a Prowler, and the Corvette. It was a no-brainer for me,,,one driver and too many cars. Sell everything except the Corvette. Multiple, tens of thousands of Corvettes around, and plenty of parts available if needed. If parts were plentiful in the supply chain, I would have kept the XLR.

Just a matter of time,,,

What!?! No ZR1 vette then??!! :laugh:

Pop-biggie, in my home town of Lincoln, NE,,,,, Cubby is just patient with the C7 ZO6 to drive and will be adding another Vette to his stable before long,,,

when his order is fulfilled with a C8 mid-engine code Y2BC >> Twin-turbo 5.5-liter V-8 DOHC engine making in the vicinity of 700 horsepower and 700 pound-feet of torque :eek: :sprite10: :bowdown:

Pop-biggie, in my home town of Lincoln, NE,,,,, Cubby is just patient with the C7 ZO6 to drive and will be adding another Vette to his stable before long,,,

when his order is fulfilled with a C8 mid-engine code Y2BC >> Twin-turbo 5.5-liter V-8 DOHC engine making in the vicinity of 700 horsepower and 700 pound-feet of torque :eek: :sprite10: :bowdown:

What!?! No ZR1 vette then??!! :laugh:

Both the Mid-engine C8? And ZR-1 are/or will be well above the $140,000 mark once you add options. I can't justify that for a vehicle to drive for 3-4 months in my current location. Talk to me in 4-5 years and it may be a possibility! :laugh::laugh:

Cubby - Great looking Vet. Love the silver with red! Looks like a 7 speed stick? When we sold our V, we kept the Vet because it was a less complicated car to live with. I still like visiting this forum and keeping up with the XLR's and friends.

Dave

Ditto

Cubby - When we sold our V, we kept the Vet because it was a less complicated car to live with. I still like visiting this forum and keeping up with the XLR's and friends.

Dave

:thumbsup Well stated Dave.... I return to this site for the same reasons, plus to help others if I can

Hey Dave,

Great hearing from you! Hope all is well. Wish it was a rower, but it has the 8 speed auto. Have only had it out once, due to weather and still have to get through the 500 break in miles, so don't have much of an opinion about yet. We will be at Mid-Ohio next month for IMSA, but we will have the CTS-V, parking in the Cadillac Corral. Marc & Kris (Tiffanys Dad) will be with us. Haven't heard if Bruce & Kathy are going.

Cubby - Great looking Vet. Love the silver with red! Looks like a 7 speed stick? When we sold our V, we kept the Vet because it was a less complicated car to live with. I still like visiting this forum and keeping up with the XLR's and friends.

Dave

Cubby,

Sorry to see your XLR-V leaving us. It was a pretty close VIN to mine which I will probably hang onto until it expires completely. It will probably be worth more in parts at that time.

My next go fast car will be an all electric Tesla sometime later this Summer.

Steven

Steven,

It was a tough decision, but I won't have to worry about finding parts in years to come.
:lol:
Are you guys coming up to Bowling Green in September? It would be great to see you again. Miss a lot of the old gang! Do you still have the Allante? Tell Diane we said hello! The Tesla's are fast, but too quiet for my blood:laugh:

Cubby,
The new vettes look great. Haven't had a chance to drive one yet. Probably a good idea for me not to drive one :cool:.
I don't think we will be able to make the homecoming this year as much as I would like to. We have a trip planned to Colorado around the same time and I have been looking at the map and it's a long drive to Bowling Green from there, but who knows, were retired so anything is possible. Say hi to Supa for me.

Cubby

I hope (and assume) you will be bringing the Vette to the homecoming!? Love those current Vettes, amazing to drive. Steve & I have our sights on a convertible one in the near future too but I likely will not sell my X. Looking forward to seeing you both.

Congratulations Cubby!

What a beautiful car, Cubby. I can't wait to see it. Looking forward to following another silver Corvette, like so many of my happy memories since buying my first XLR. It doesn't matter what kinds of cars any of us drive any more, the bonds of friendships that the XLR's brought us will remain. As many of us have said - we are just car people and all enjoy the time spent with one another. While there may be a lot of Corvettes out there - there are so many unique ones and so many gorgeous ones. I have always been a huge 'Vette fan, and always will be. :cool:
Hoping the sunshine continues to beam all summer long for you. Looking forward to seeing and Supa sometime soon.
I wish I could make Mid Ohio next month, but I will be grounded, one way or another next month. Enjoy yourselves. :wave:

Dave and Cindy (and Devin)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back