Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Man steals car after posing as famous rock band drummer

Posted By: Matthew Sinn
10Connects.com

Clearwater, Florida - Clearwater Police have charged Eric Hook, 48, with grand theft auto after detectives say Hook stole and crashed a 2002 Corvette last night, all while posing as the drummer for the rock band, "Foreigner."

According to the police report, Hook used the name, "Cory James," and the rock performer's persona, to befriend New Port Richey resident Norma Rutledge.

Rutledge, 47, allegedly met Hook at the Tampa Marriott and the two eventually ended up together at the Clearwater Beach Hilton.

Hook was then able to con the valet at the Hilton to provide him access to Rutledge's 2002 Chevy Corvette, without her knowledge or consent.

He ended up crashing the car in the area of Gulf to Bay Boulevard and McMullen Booth Road, and fled the crash scene on foot.

Hook was apprehended last night around 9 p.m. after being located by K-9. He was taken into custody without incident.

Police say he also used the persona to obtain food, alcoholic beverages, and cash thoughout the day. Hook has been charged with grand theft auto, leaving the scene of an accident with property damage, and theft of services.

He was taken to the Pinellas County Jail where records show he also used 16 aliases, including Phillip Morris and Michael Collins.

According to their website, the band "Foreigner," has never had a drummer by the name of "Cory James."

Clearwater Police

I know Phillip Morris, he is an Editor with Sun Set Magazine. Hope he didn't get taken for anything as he is a very nice person. First Robin

I know Phillip Morris, he is an Editor with Sun Set Magazine. Hope he didn't get taken for anything as he is a very nice person. First Robin

I know Phillip Morris too, but I thought he was the maker of my Marlboro Lights:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know Phillip Morris too, but I thought he was the maker of my Marlboro Lights:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
When I met him that was one of the first things I asked. I met him in Aspen years ago at the Jerome Hotel which has a great bar. They don't mind that I drink coffee or coke.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom