Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

March 2015 Texas Mile Results

GizmoQ

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V; 1996 Eldorado ESC-V
No I didn't go back this time. I was planning to wait till October. But there were two XLRs in the field last month. Don't worry ONALASKA, the Team ELWOOD records are still safe - for both of us. :chuckle

Mar 2015 Texas Mile XLRs.JPG
Here is the email I received from Jessica:

The March 2015 Texas Mile Event was a great success.

The Texas Mile staff and participants were able to speed through 1115 total runs over the 3 day weekend. 94 of which were over 200MPH, and 11 runs over 225MPH! Top speed of the weekend was achieved by our current record holder at 270.4MPH, congrats to vehicle owner Mark Heidaker and driver Patrick O'Gorman and their team at M2K Motorsports.

A very special thanks goes out to Elgin Sweeper Company who sponsored a sweeper for us for the weekend, they were essential to cutting down track clean up time! Follow them on twitter @elginsweeper

Check out the Highlights and Records for March 2015.

New Records

FASTEST ALL ELECTRIC VEHICLE: Mitch Medford had an incredible weekend. Not only did he set a new all electric record at 174.2 MPH but his car was also voted Hottest Car and Most Exotic by Texas Mile fans and he won Most Likely to get a Date at The Texas Mile Car show! Mitch beat the previous all electric record of 155MPH held by John Metric.
FASTEST MUSTANG SHELBY GT500: Kenneth Polk drove away with the Mustang Shelby GT500 record at 221.8 MPH. A record that has held since October of 2012 at 220.8MPH by Van Collier. The Mustang competition is fierce, creating some serious rivalries between Kenneth Polk, Billy Wagner, and Van Collier who are all fighting to see who will get and keep the Mustang Shelby GT500 Record.
FASTEST NISSAN GT-R: Mark Johnston and his team at AC Motorsports take the record for the fastest GT-R at 235.7MPH at The Texas Mile. Congratulations to them and we look forward to seeing what the new record will be in October!

Highlights

FASTEST DRIVER OF THE WEEKEND: Top speed of the weekend was achieved by our current record holder at 270.4MPH, congrats to vehicle owner Mark Heidaker and driver Patrick O'Gorman and their team at M2K Motorsports.
FASTEST MOTORCYCLE RIDER OF THE WEEKEND: Tim Leeper managed to obtain a top speed of 247.8MPH on his Hayabusa, an incredible feat considering the headwind this past weekend. Congrats Tim.
FASTEST CORVETTE OF THE WEEKEND: Kelly Bise had the fastest Corvette of the weekend at 229.0 MPH. He was just 2 MPH shy of the current record held by Joe Huneycutt at 231.0 MPH set in May of 2011. Right behind him is David Ghiselin in his LaQuay Motorsports Corvette has at 217.3MPH. David has dominated the Corvette group the last few events and we hope to have him back in a rebuilt Corvette soon!
NEW ATTENDANCE RECORD: We had a total of 41 Corvettes register for The Texas Mile, a new attendance record for competitors with the same make and model vehicle!
FASTEST LAMBORGHINI OF THE WEEKEND: Jack Cooper went 231.9MPH in his Black 2011 Lamborghini, so he gets the honor of fastest Lambo of the weekend!
MODERN MOPAR RECORD: Sam Uthman drove away maintaining his current Modern MOPAR record in his 2009 Dodge Challenger at 207.9MPH. He almost beat his own record going 207.3MPH at this event but had a mechanical failure right before he crossed the finish line. Look forward to seeing what he can do in October!
2015 DODGE CHALLENGER HELLCAT: There were 2 Hellcats that debuted at The Texas Mile this past weekend owned by long time participants the Johnston family. The 2015 green automatic Hellcat driven by Kathy Johnston went 174.8MPH while the 2015 red standard Hellcat driven by Darrell Johnston went 172.4MPH. We like a healthy family rivalry!

CADILLAC CTS-V: LUXURY AND SPEED: As usual the Cadillacs came out in big numbers. We had a total of 22 Cadillacs competing at The Texas Mile. Top Speed for a Cadillac was 202.2MPH achieved by two participants. Both Mike Franks and Shawn Johnston achieved a top speed of 202.2MPH. Mike was in his 2011 Twin Turbo CTS-V while Shawn Johnston was in her 2011 Supercharged CTS-V. Congrats to them for being the 3rd and 4th people to take a Cadillac over 200MPH at The Texas Mile.

Special Thanks to Texas Mile Sponsor Sewell Performance!

CROWD FAVORITE: The absolute crowd favorite was the Lamborghini Huracan. Not only was it fast going 180.9MPH, but it is also the only blue one in the country! This beauty is owned by GT-R record holder Mark Johnston.

AWARD WINNERS

HOTTEST TRUCK: Oren Albright takes home the award for Hottest Truck with his 1969 Chevrolet. Oren's top speed was 118.7MPH and this is his 2nd time to win Hottest Truck.
BEST VEHICLE PAINT JOB: Justin & Joe Napolean's 2013 McClaren took home the award for best vehicle paint job. Justin and Joe's top speed was 183.9MPH.
BEST MOTORCYCLE PAINT JOB: Hussain Alsowaige's Hayabusa gets the award for Best Motorcycle paint job for the 2nd time in a row. His Pink Hayabusa is now pink and blue, you can't miss it!
HOTTEST BIKE: Tim Leeper wins the award for Hottest Bike. Tim's Hayabusa was one of only 5 vehicles to go over 225MPH during the event weekend. His top speed was 247.8MPH!
MOST EXOTIC & HOTTEST CAR: Mitch Medford had an incredible weekend. Not only did he set a new all electric record at 174.2 MPH but his car was also voted Hottest Car and Most Exotic by Texas Mile fans and he won Most Likely to get a Date at The Texas Mile Car show! Mitch beat the previous all electric record of 155MPH held by John Metric.
LONGEST HAUL: The winner of Longest Haul goes to Brian Stephenson who came to Texas all the way from Saskatoon Canada. Brian traveled a total of 3,938 miles round trip. Brian was #500 and drove a Ford Mustang.
MOST RUNS FOR A VEHICLE: Erik & Tania Ganauser win the award for most runs for a vehicle. They did a total of 16 runs over the 3 day weekend in their Corvette Z06 and achieved a top speed of 179.3MPH.
MOST RUNS ON A MOTORCYCLE: Troy Jones wins the award for most runs for a motorcycle. Troy ended the weekend with 13 total runs on his GSX1300R Hayabusa. Troy's top speed was 214.9MPH.
MOST RUNS OVER 200MPH: This honor goes to Thomas Krause who did a total of 6 runs over 200MPH on his Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14! Wow, that's a lot of high speed runs!

To view all of the event results check out our website:

TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT

To check out even more highlights of the weekend check out our Facebook page The Official Texas Mile - Pearland, TX - Automotive | Facebook.

Jessica Reyna
The Texas Mile
Event Coordinator &
Director of Customer Experience
281-303-1844
info@texasmile.net

Texas Mile and the XLR

Would be interested in what to expect in the 1/2 mile. I will be running my stock XLR then. Current mustang Dyno shows 394 rwhp at 5700 rpm, when the 155 speed limiter kick in (4th gear).. So I suspect about 415 at 6500 rpm...but, is there a chance that I will hit 155 in the 1/2 mile?

wanting baseline data before I start with a tune...and may start the air intake, MAF tune, before going further...certainly, if any recommendations are out there, will consider before I buy.

I was doing about 131 at the 1/2 mile mark. Mine shifts into 5th gear at about that speed and the RPM drops so much that it is a slow climb from there.

I was doing about 131 at the 1/2 mile mark. Mine shifts into 5th gear at about that speed and the RPM drops so much that it is a slow climb from there.

Good to know. I will try to keep mine in 4th, but suspect drag to be a factor vs a Dyno run. Any mods to yours?

Would be interested in what to expect in the 1/2 mile. I will be running my stock XLR then. Current mustang Dyno shows 394 rwhp at 5700 rpm, when the 155 speed limiter kick in (4th gear).. So I suspect about 415 at 6500 rpm...but, is there a chance that I will hit 155 in the 1/2 mile?

Speed limiter, Not a chance. With those numbers you should be good for 125-130, though.

wanting baseline data before I start with a tune...and may start the air intake, MAF tune, before going further...certainly, if any recommendations are out there, will consider before I buy.
394 is great for stock, mine was 364RWHP stock. If you're considering the intake get it and then tune. A tune on the stock motor won't gain you much.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom