Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

MasterTech Warranty

Phil105

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR base
Was at a nearby Ford dealer today to ask about an extended warranty on my 2014 F150. Wanted price on a Ford ESP warranty as I was familiar with them. They suggested a MasterTech warranty at first and said the reason was that dealers preferred them over the Ford ESP because they paid for repairs as per Chiltons rates and I could use shops other than Ford.
Followed up asking if this MasterTech program was available for my XLR which i was told it was after an inspection. Pricing was very reasonable to me.
Now, just wondering if any of you have had any experience with MasterTech warranties?

$ $ $

"Pricing was very reasonable to me."

If you don't mind being asked,,,,,, how much was the quote? Years of term and/or mileage? Deductible?

If you don't mind being asked,,,,,, how much was the quote? Years of term and/or mileage? Deductible?

Sure, the quotes below was for their "Ultra" package. Not sure on the Deductible as yet. Depends on whether at original dealer or "other".

2/yr/20,000 = $1774

3/yr/24,000 = $2087

4/yr/32,000 = $2229

Just like buying insurance,,,,,

Thank you for the reply...

4yr/32K - $2200 seems good if the deductible isn't out of sight..

I pay more than that for healthcare coverage each year :mad:

Thank you for the reply...

4yr/32K - $2200 seems good if the deductible isn't out of sight..

I pay more than that for healthcare coverage each year :mad:

HA - - - you must be on Obama's Preferred Customer plan - - I pay this much every 3 months!! But I do get to keep my own doctor!!:lol:

Sounds like a good deal. Do you know if the hydraulics and components for the top are covered?

Was just told that the deductible is $50 at the selling dealer and $100 elsewhere. I'd be hit with the $100 deductible as in this case the selling dealer is a Ford shop and I'd be using GM for any needed repairs. Either way, still pretty pleased with the pricing IF THE WARRANTY COMPANY is worth a damn. So far haven't found an extensive number of negatives on line.

Sounds like a good deal. Do you know if the hydraulics and components for the top are covered?

The agent at the Ford dealership specifically told me yes - - - but - there's always the fine print in the warranty. Suggest you go to their website and read for yourself. Look up MasterTech Vehicle Protection Program - - Ultra plan. Says "if a part isn't listed as excluded it is covered"!

I'm very suspect of ALL these type warranties which is why I haven't purchased one prior for this car. I did purchase a Ford ESP warranty for an 03 Tbird I had and it was excellent - paid for itself in the first 6 mos - but it was a true Ford warranty - not an aftermarket plan as this one is.

Well, just yesterday got the final answer from this company. They will not issue their warranty on this car. A lot of hype for nothing. Sorry folks.

This is what i bought when we got our 06 last October. So far, it's paid for a radiator and driver side window regulator, about 1200$.

premier warranty.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back