Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Matte Black

micropimp

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Matte Black XLamboR
Hello to all! New member to this site. Recently purchased an 05 XLR with 205,000 miles and STILL running strong! Minor problems such as a coolant leak in the heater core (fixed by bypassing hose), noisy ball joints, fuel level sensor ( sending unit left side ordered) and leaking transmission fluid ( seals from the oil cooler lines ordered). So with those who plan to keep their XLRs, i Hope my 200k+ mile engine and chassis is an inspitration and RELIEF to you that they do last and is still made as a quaility product...GOOD Maintainance goes along way!! My XLR is currently vinyl wrapped matte black with pasti-dip wheels and slighlty lowered with Lambo doors by Vertical Doors door Hinges. Currently looking for some Custom wheels 19s or 20s. SOOO hard to find anywhere due to the High Offset +42 front +55 rear. Thank You AGAIN FOR LOOKING!:wave: photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpg

Welcome to the XLR Net!! You made a great choice on your car and forum. :wave:

Mike

WELCOME to the best XLR forum on the Internet!!!! I've always been curious as to what matte black would look like on an XLR, VERY SHARP looking :rocker::rocker:; there are a couple threads about it on this forum. Would LOVE to see it in person... you should think about coming up for the Montana drive in June. Check it our here:
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/events/5964-montana-spring-drive-2013-a.html

I hope my 200k+ mile engine and chassis is an inspiration and RELIEF to you that they do last and is still made as a quality product..

One of our members here has a 2005 Black XLR that has over 250K miles!

It is the black one in this picture and belongs to "The Professor".

Thanks for the testimony and WELCOME!

DSC00900.jpg

Welcome to the forum a lot of great resourceful people. Like the color been wondering how a wrap would look on our car? How's the finish edges on the wrap "clean"? Thought of wrapping my hood and roof with a carbon fiber wrap. Any info on your upgrades would be sweet.

I originally painted the roof, wheels and grill black. The edges are smooth. Just need to find someone who has the skill and PATIENCE to do it. I wrapped the cover behind the roolover bars carbon fiber. looks cool but nat as easy to do, especially on a windy day (bad mistake):ugh:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,527
Welcome from Sacramento

Congratulations on your purchase. The 200k+ is quite a testament. I would take me a couple of lifetimes to hit that number. Of course if my son gets behind the wheel it might only take a weekend. :wave:

Hello to all! New member to this site. Recently purchased an 05 XLR with 205,000 miles and STILL running strong! Minor problems such as a coolant leak in the heater core (fixed by bypassing hose), noisy ball joints, fuel level sensor ( sending unit left side ordered) and leaking transmission fluid ( seals from the oil cooler lines ordered). So with those who plan to keep their XLRs, i Hope my 200k+ mile engine and chassis is an inspitration and RELIEF to you that they do last and is still made as a quaility product...GOOD Maintainance goes along way!! My XLR is currently vinyl wrapped matte black with pasti-dip wheels and slighlty lowered with Lambo doors by Vertical Doors door Hinges. Currently looking for some Custom wheels 19s or 20s. SOOO hard to find anywhere due to the High Offset +42 front +55 rear. Thank You AGAIN FOR LOOKING!:wave:View attachment 2597View attachment 2598View attachment 2599View attachment 2600View attachment 2601

I'm not sure if this question was asked, but what size tires are you using?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom