Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Max speed 80 MPG displayed on dash

koolbreeze

Just had shocks replaced next day the service ride control came up on dash. now I have a dash warning "max speed 80 mpg" and now it won't go over 80 mph
Is the max speed warning due to the service ride control?

koolbreeze

Yes. The speed limiting message is displayed if the Electronic Suspension System detects a malfunction and disables all four shock absorbers. There should be a fault code stored in the Electronic Suspension Control module which your dealer can read, diagnose, and troubleshoot with a Tech 2.

CC :wave:

Yes. The speed limiting message is displayed if the Electronic Suspension System detects a malfunction and disables all four shock absorbers. There should be a fault code stored in the Electronic Suspension Control module which your dealer can read, diagnose, and troubleshoot with a Tech 2.

CC :wave:

Are there any other devices besides a Tech 2 that will read and reset these codes?

nope. if that light is on and you have not done anything to the shocks, the suspension module is most likely bad. If its bad they sell for 2000 used on ebay. no new ones available .If its bad then new shocks will do the same thing and a tech 2 will not clear the codes. There may be another reason as the 04 had problems with the brake module .Caddy tried to make the system all work together so if you got into a slid the shocks would lock up or get stiffer on one side to help prevent roll over ,Most engineers agreed the system did not work In the real world and the brake module was changed in 05

nope. if that light is on and you have not done anything to the shocks, the suspension module is most likely bad. If its bad they sell for 2000 used on ebay. no new ones available .If its bad then new shocks will do the same thing and a tech 2 will not clear the codes. There may be another reason as the 04 had problems with the brake module .Caddy tried to make the system all work together so if you got into a slid the shocks would lock up or get stiffer on one side to help prevent roll over ,Most engineers agreed the system did not work In the real world and the brake module was changed in 05

Praise the LORD, thank you so much for that answer. I've got research and work to do in different areas to try a resolve my issue.

GOD bless you and your family.

DM
Preacher

I think from his other post the light came on and he is looking to replace the shocks to fix the light issue.. As we know the module must work for the mag shocks or the simulators to work. he may have a blown shock or a unplugged harness but only a tech 2 I believe will tell him that. New Mag shocks may turn off the light but usually its a failed suspension module. I have changed a few where a shock would be locked up solid and the light did not come on, the car just road like a buckboard.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom