Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

mini spare

ald42

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
05 xlr satin nickle
hi and happy holidays to all,i'm looking to find a 18in mini spare for my x,do other caddies have them that'll fit?if so maybe i can source one in a wrecking yard? thanks in advance for any and all info.:)

Where would you put it? If you carry it in the trunk then you can't put the top down. These cars are equipped with run flats for this very reason, no room for a spare. Many cars now days don't come with spares, Corvette, Mini Cooper, and when we bought our 370Z Roadster, the spare was an extra 300.00 option. Standard equipment with the 370Z was a can of slime, compressor, and roadside assistance.

Bill

I'm interested in mini spare info as well. I'm thinking of going to longer-wearing and quieter tires (This is a Cadillac, after all). I'd just carry slime and compressor locally. On any seriously long trips, I'd like to be able to toss a mini+jack+lug wrench in the back since I'm not likely to want to drop the top during extended driving at highway speeds. That way if I somehow get an un-slimeable puncture, I'm not at the mercy of whatever may pass for road service thereabouts.

Slime - doesn't that ruin the TPMS sensor in the tire?

The slime folks claim it is water-based and that it won't damage sensors. They also note that you should be sure to tell the tire repair place that the tire has been slimed and will need to be rinsed out.

The last flat I had was almost 10 years ago when a cellphoner blew a stop sign and nailed the right rear of my just-purchased 2003 Corvette. The flat was a result of the inside edge of the rim breaking as it tried to wrap itself around the suspension. My most recent actual puncture-flat was around 1990 on my car, even earlier on my wife's.

So, even excluding the comfort issues, I'll take the odds on overall savings offsetting both getting a flat and maybe having to replace a sensor.

Good to know - thanks.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back