Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

More top problems.

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
Here we go again. After spending $1200 for top work, I went to Nashville this weekend, pushed the top down button, the little door behind the windows went up the trunk lifted and that's where it stopped. The good news is it all went back down. I drove home made an appointment with caddy for tomorrow and went to work. when I got off work I tried the top. It went down. I canceled the appointment drove home pressed the button to put it up, little door went up, trunk went up and that's where it stayed. So I got out the manual figured out how to put it up manually, by the way , after the learning process it's fairly easy, anyway, I got it all up and just out of couriosity I tried it. It went up and down perfectly. I cant take it in if it's working, not under warranty. So does anybody have any suggestions? Trixie is about to loose he pampered happy home.

scott garland

I HAVE THE IDENTICAL PROBLEM. YOU ARE LUCKY. I SENT $3900 GETTING MY TOP STRAIGHT AFTER I GOT THE CAR. IT ALMOST SEEMS THAT THE LECTRONICS ARE CYCLING AND THEN THE TOP WILL GO UP. I ALSO NOTICED THAT IT APPEARS THAT THE PANEL THAT COVERS THE GAP WHEN THE TOP IS DOWN SEEMS TO STICK AT TIMES. I AM WONDERING IF THAT IS PART OF THE PROBLEM.

just an update. The top is working great. One of the sensors they installed in Dec. was bad. They replaced it under warrenty and all is well. One of the first times I tipped a mechanic but he sure earned it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom