Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Multiple XLRs

2004, and now a 2008. When I bought the 2004 as a cpo I was told that when the cpo warranty ran out I would be able to purchase a gp protection plan. I don't know if that was a lie, or if the rules changed, but anyway once the car went 6 years from inservice, gm wanted nothing to do with it anymore.

After a couple expensive repairs after the cpo warranty ran out, I traded in the 2004 on a 2008. My 2008 (deliberately NOT a cpo) is still under factory warranty for another couple months, and I will soon be deciding between GMPP masterguard, Route66 and Costco service plans.

Interestingly, gmpp has another bs wrinkle. If I had purchased a GMPP plan 1 year ago, I could have gotten a 6-year plan (which would have effectively been a 5-year plan since I had a year left on the original warranty). Now, the most I can get is a 4-year plan.

We have had 7 xlr's. We bought the very first one delivered to New Mexico in 12/03. We had two 2004's, one 2005, two 2006's and currently have a 2008 and 2009. Changes were made for new colors or new features. We plan on keeping the current ones, because they don't make anymore.

I had an '06 XLR, '06 XLR-V and currently have an '08 XLR-V, all black. Very happy with all of them!

We have had 7 xlr's. We bought the very first one delivered to New Mexico in 12/03. We had two 2004's, one 2005, two 2006's and currently have a 2008 and 2009. Changes were made for new colors or new features. We plan on keeping the current ones, because they don't make anymore.

What colors have you had?

Supa & I have had two, both red. A 2004 Base XLR, Crimson Pearl with Shale Interior and currently a 2006 XLR-V, Infrared with Ebony and Shale custom two-tone interior. Still see the 2004 occasionally, as it still resides in town here.

What colors have you had?

In 2004 we had a Xenon Blue and Crimson Pearl. In 2005 my wife sold her Xenon Blue and bought a Blue Steel. In 2006 she traded for a Star Black special edition and I traded for an Infrared. In 2008 she traded for Elektra Blue and in 2009 I traded for a Black Cherry.

In 2004 we had a Xenon Blue and Crimson Pearl. In 2005 my wife sold her Xenon Blue and bought a Blue Steel. In 2006 she traded for a Star Black special edition and I traded for an Infrared. In 2008 she traded for Elektra Blue and in 2009 I traded for a Black Cherry.

Other than the star black I see a theme there appropriate for the 4th of July! (blue & red). :patriot: I like all your colors!

Other than the star black I see a theme there appropriate for the 4th of July! (blue & red). :patriot: I like all your colors![/QUOTE.

Thanks. We have had all the blues and most of the reds. We never got a white one, but looked at one the dealer had, but couldn't give one up in order to get it.

Schooley may be joining the ranks of the multiple XLR owners...I don't think Kathy will be giving back his XLR anytime soon.:lol::lol:

I think we have a few more mulitiple XLR owners to add to the list.

I guess Amy and I will fall into this catagory now with "Beauty and Victor-V". They are such awesome cars!!!! :cool:

I guess Amy and I will fall into this catagory now with "Beauty and Victor-V". They are such awesome cars!!!! :cool:

Mike, so happy for you folks to each have an XLR. Envy the fact that you will never want for parts thanks to Amy hanging on to that old red one...

Steve

Mike, so happy for you folks to each have an XLR. Envy the fact that you will never want for parts thanks to Amy hanging on to that old red one...

Steve

Yeah, I know where Beauty stands - a replacement front rubber air dam for her has been sitting on the garage floor for MONTHS, waiting to be put on. Somehow when Victor-V shows up needing one, it immediately gets robbed from Beauty & installed on the V!

Speaking of old, we thought we saw your Mercedes in Vegas, but when we passed it the driver was way too young to be you. :cool:

Steve

Steve, it's funny you mentioned the "parts" because as you can see from the previous post by Amy, I've already started down that path. :laugh:

Mike

By the way, Amy has a 2006 Infrared XLR Base model and I have a 2007 Black Raven XLR-V. GOOD TIMES!! :wave:

By the the way, Amy has a 2006 Infrared XLR Base model and I have a 2007 Black Raven XLR-V. GOOD TIMES!! :wave:

So you and Amy have a little "car show" in your driveway all the time, huh? VERY COOL! If I ever get to upgrading to a V, I hope to sell Devin my Base XLR... knowing Devin probably isn't moving out of the house anytime soon - maybe I'll have two XLR's in my garage too. :laugh:

So you and Amy have a little "car show" in your driveway all the time, huh? VERY COOL! If I ever get to upgrading to a V, I hope to sell Devin my Base XLR... knowing Devin probably isn't moving out of the house anytime soon - maybe I'll have two XLR's in my garage too. :laugh:

It is a car show!! :beerchug: The XLRs are hot cars.

My Shelby GT500 (Beast) is real upset that I'm making runs with Victor-V instead of him.

Since Devin isn't moving out anytime soon you should be able to charge rent/car payment to upgrade to a V-series to your liking. :D

I tried to talk my wife into a base xlr for her, but she had the bad sense to get a mustang gt instead:dunno:..At least you had the good sense to get one after you realized how bad a choice that mustang was:chuckle.. Just kidding, her mustang is a really nice car, as I am sure yours is. And if a guy wants to go fast a mustang is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I will say we took both our cars to the local car show and only one of us won a trophy.:cool:

I tried to talk my wife into a base xlr for her, .......................

.....well maybe if you had suggested she should have a V like you she may have been driving an XLR now too! :laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom