Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

mystery filter

ald42

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
05 xlr satin nickle
hi,i can't find either in alldata or in the factory manual i have on dvd if/where the fuel filter is located on my 05,alldata shows a filter but no location or how to r/r it,napa also shows a listing for the filter and it looks like a regular gm filter??? thanks,Al

Non serviceable fuel filter? seems kinda foolish

Yes, it does. Many newer vehicles do not have serviceable fuel filters. The ones that are serviceable are in such bad locations that you can't get to them. :lol:

thanks Bruce,is the idea that the filter will last the life of the pump or will it over time become pluged and cause premature failure of the pump? AL

thanks Bruce,is the idea that the filter will last the life of the pump or will it over time become pluged and cause premature failure of the pump? AL

I believe the thinking is that the filter will last the life of the car without causing a restriction in the fuel system... I guess we will find out. :)

I think most of the fuel injection systems now are returnless meaning a lot less fuel circulating through the filter. The thinking may be that the lower volume of fuel passing through the filter will make it last longer.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom