Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Navigation newst disc

standby-V

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V
Having an 06 navigation disc leaves me wanting when the nav system shows me out in a spot with no roads. What is the latest nav disc and where can I obtain a version for the XLR-V version.:blinzel:
Thanks in advance.

Having an 06 navigation disc leaves me wanting when the nav system shows me out in a spot with no roads. What is the latest nav disc and where can I obtain a version for the XLR-V version.:blinzel:
Thanks in advance.

Ebay, but be sitting down when you start looking at them.

I don't mind the prices but I'm scared to death that they are really new and some new ones only cover east coast & Canada, what's up with that? I have had my navigation unit cleaned re-a-lined laser at the ridiculous price of $550. I kept getting error messages. Works like a brand new one now. There's a company in New Jersey that does the repair that my radio guy used.
Car Radio Center
11001 Westminster & Euclid, Westminster, CA 714-636-3333
plan on no radio for 3 to 4 weeks.
Ebay, but be sitting down when you start looking at them.

Just obtained new ones from the GM authorized supplier https://gmnavdisc.com The cost is $159.99 plus $3.95 for shipping. The box is marked Cadillac Version 8.00. There are two discs, one for the western U.S. and Canada, and the other for the Eastern U.S. and Canada.
The part number for a replacement disc is 25979939. Hope this helps.

tinker, what year are the discs good up to? 2009? 2012? 2016?

Rev 8.00 is current the current 2016 edition. It's unknown the time of year when changes are cutoff for the annual update.

$250.00

I don't mind the prices but I'm scared to death that they are really new and some new ones only cover east coast & Canada, what's up with that? I have had my navigation unit cleaned re-a-lined laser at the ridiculous price of $550. I kept getting error messages. Works like a brand new one now. There's a company in New Jersey that does the repair that my radio guy used.
Car Radio Center
11001 Westminster & Euclid, Westminster, CA 714-636-3333
plan on no radio for 3 to 4 weeks.

I would have done the laser cleaning for $250.00. Two hours tops, you could have watched. I would have soldered in a new lithium battery for $50.00 extra (recommended). Re-aligning the laser is bull****; the alignment is bullet proof (only after an serious accident-maybe).

David, Thank you for the correction. Where was this information found? I'm feeling a little duped in trusting the Navigation Disc folks.

David, Thank you for the correction. Where was this information found? I'm feeling a little duped in trusting the Navigation Disc folks.
2009/2010 GM started putting out Nav systems that are harddrive or flash based. I thought version 8 was the latest but for me it's a 3 year update, but 7 years really out of date. I'll probably change the radio/nav out in the future that will have a flash based Nav system. I have one on the big boy Expedition and it's way faster updating the screen and searching for addresses or POI's

I know it sucks, but most phones are better then the original disc systems in our cars, or if you don't mine having an extra thing in your car buy a portable like Garmin or whatever type you like with lifetime updates! Don't know if you know this but if using your phone for navigation it does use some data! Just found that out the other day at the AT&T phone store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Newest Version 8.0 Nav Disc for XLR

If anyone is interested, I have the 2-disc system (25979939) for sale and I'm willing to negotiate a fair price. These are the discs for US/Canada-West and US/Canada-East. Call or Text Rick: 480-242-6919.

Last edited:
Not me the last year they updated was 2009, this is 2016 I hate the nav. system with these Dics.... so out dated. My iPhone is better then these systems now!

outdated

Not me the last year they updated was 2009, this is 2016 I hate the nav. system with these Dics.... so out dated. My iPhone is better then these systems now!

Hey there Grand Daddy --- Obviously, the technology of your iPhone (and my 6+ also) makes the Nav system in the XLR's outdated. That system didn't change from 2004 - 2007 (and I'm almost certain the last two model years used the same unit), and Cadillac/GM SCREWED ALL XLR owners by not even updating the map discs beyond Version 8.00 --- which are the discs that I have --- along with the fact that replacement parts are no longer available for the entire XLR because Cadillac/GM has stopped production of XLR parts! It is for this reason that I sold my two XLR's before they became rather expensive paperweights and now I have these discs. The thing is, there are still numerous XLR owners out there and on this forum who want to keep their XLR's and would like to obtain the most current Nav Discs available. It is to these owners that I am offering the discs.

Yep just saying what you said we were all SCREWED....lol
Although there are a lot of cars out of production, but not completely obsolete in parts, I have 52 Studebaker truck and parts are still available and being remanufactured by aftermarket businesses so I don't see the parts absolutely becoming obsolete for any vehicle at today's market of enough need somebody will pick it up and make them if there is a need!

My son in law copied my version 8 discs for me (apparently it is a special system that is required, not just a basic disc copy as with data discs plus high double density discs etc) I have supplied a half dozen members with disc sets if you want some, just PM me your name, address and I ask for $10.00 to cover disc and postage costs from Canada. Only one member had issues with the discs, dont remember how that worked out, if it was his unit etc or the discs.

BTW. the difference between the east and west disc is that the POI's (Point of Interests) for the west is not included on the east and visa versa: just the maps. The POI's take up lots of space etc.

I have not tried the Toyota set. I dont bother with voice commands and for that matter, when traveling afar I bring a Garmin. If you have a big display cell phone and an unlimited data plan you are all set.

None the less: If you are like me, you want your gadgets to work correctly. The 2009 discs/version 8 were finalized in 2008. Most the major routes have not changed, roads get widened etc. It is the new roads or developments that are not there.

I love my car as I am sure everyone here does: and likewise most of us love Cadillac's. It truly sucks that Cadillac does not love us back by supporting our needs.

My son in law copied my version 8 discs for me (apparently it is a special system that is required, not just a basic disc copy as with data discs plus high double density discs etc) I have supplied a half dozen members with disc sets if you want some, just PM me your name, address and I ask for $10.00 to cover disc and postage costs from Canada. Only one member had issues with the discs, dont remember how that worked out, if it was his unit etc or the discs.

BTW. the difference between the east and west disc is that the POI's (Point of Interests) for the west is not included on the east and visa versa: just the maps. The POI's take up lots of space etc.

I have not tried the Toyota set. I dont bother with voice commands and for that matter, when traveling afar I bring a Garmin. If you have a big display cell phone and an unlimited data plan you are all set.

None the less: If you are like me, you want your gadgets to work correctly. The 2009 discs/version 8 were finalized in 2008. Most the major routes have not changed, roads get widened etc. It is the new roads or developments that are not there.

I love my car as I am sure everyone here does: and likewise most of us love Cadillac's. It truly sucks that Cadillac does not love us back by supporting our needs.

Just to add a note we used our business Apple iPhone from South Central Pennsylvania to Savannah Ga. Down and back This past spring, when I checked the data it hardly made a difference at all! So I can only image it uses very little while using the navigation!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back