Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Need information on XLR-V

von.raab

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven XLR
I have been looking for a XLR-V. I came across this 2009 with only 30,791 miles. The price is $37,895. I have run the VIN # 1G6YX36D095600417 and it is not listed as salvage. I have send several emails to the dealer asking for more history on it, but he has not responded. The car is located in Wayne, Michigan which is a good 4 hour drive and to far for me to drive in the weather we're having.I have been unable to find the vehicle listed on our XLR Registry. I was wondering if any of our members have had any dealings with the dealer - Road Runner Auto Sales? Any help with information is appreciated.
2009 Cadillac Xlr-V Base 2dr Convertible For Sale In Wayne Belleville Canton Road Runner Auto Sales

$37,000 is an excellent starting point for deal. But there are no pictures of the interior or with the top down? Still alot of money and trust to spend at a small dealership. Is there a warranty? how are their online reviews? I think a road trip is in your future.. Good Luck

Looks like they had this for a while - leaves in full bloom. Spend the few bucks it takes to get a Car Fax - it is not perfect but will give you some information and save you a trip if it has been hit.

I have been looking for a XLR-V. I came across this 2009 with only 30,791 miles. The price is $37,895. I have run the VIN # 1G6YX36D095600417 and it is not listed as salvage. I have send several emails to the dealer asking for more history on it, but he has not responded. The car is located in Wayne, Michigan which is a good 4 hour drive and to far for me to drive in the weather we're having.I have been unable to find the vehicle listed on our XLR Registry. I was wondering if any of our members have had any dealings with the dealer - Road Runner Auto Sales? Any help with information is appreciated.
2009 Cadillac Xlr-V Base 2dr Convertible For Sale In Wayne Belleville Canton Road Runner Auto Sales

Hey good to see you back. I also had emailed the dealer twice about three weeks ago. No response. I tried calling once and didn't get a person just some answering service. Look good enough for me to drive out only two-three hrs away but don't even know if they still had it. I thought also that it was a good price seeing how its a 09. Thing that scared me is the corner sales dealership. Usually their cars are auction cars or rebuilds? :dunno:

Google the VIN. I didn't click on the links but it pulled up a salvage auction March 2014. In any event that price seems mighty low for an '09 V that doesn't have any issues.

It HAS been listed for 6 months, more or less, so it's probably a rebuild, theft or flood car if
they still have. You get what you pay which is fine IF you know what you're getting.

Found this online. Apparently this car has a Michigan Salvage Title. Primary damage on the left front and secondary damage on the left rear.
56b66abfb71940cdb131f1388889caa1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had to be too good to be true!
however might be worth it if can knock the price down more. and can closely inspect the car
ascertain how bad the damage was.
get pictures of car with damage? figure out who did the repairs? ask them about it ?
if you plan to keep it forever and everything works and you can see what was and what wasnt redone,
it could be a keeper.
i bought a 97 rav7 in 2000 that was a salvage, drove it until last year, 15 yrs of use.
it was a daily driver, then beater mobile. tranny finally blew up 160k miles...
sold it for 1600 bux, only bought it for 7k !!!!
xlr is not going to be a daily driver for most people, you are paying for the fun factor.
they are pretty well depreciated now, if you steal it, even with a salvage title, it will hold its value.
especially an 09 V.

looks like its aftermarket exhaust ? did the 09 V also have the rectangular tips?

That would be GREAT!!!!!

It's been there a while. Even shows up on Bing maps "Streetside" view from back in the summer.

Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Maybe I'll go drive by the place tomorrow.

I would realy appreciate any information that you could find out for me, since the dealer hasn't responded to my email. With this awful weather we're having I don't feel like driving 3 hours and being disappointed.
Thanks so much,
Ted

If you go with a salvage title, be sure your have a dealer that will work on it. Some folks on here have posted they had a salvage title & the dealer wouldn't work on their XLR. Sounded crazy to me - why wouldn't they so long as they're getting paid? - but I poked around & found it does happen. There are some things on these cars that it's going to be tough for an indie shop to sort out & you may need to use a dealer (not that dealers always get it right, but the odds may be better).

I drove by today, the gate was locked, I didn't see the car, but it might have been further back from the street.

I looked up 5 of the cars on their website, 4 where salvage titles.

Plus the building next door to this dealer was a collision shop with what looked like a yard full of mostly totaled vehicles.

I wouldn't waste my time on this anymore personally.

This part of Michigan avenue has a lot of these used car dealers, where they finance. I'm guessing most of them are junk for people that can't get any normal auto loans on. They have cars come and go, then repo them when the last person didn't pay after paying for a couple of months at 26% or better.

Thank You

I drove by today, the gate was locked, I didn't see the car, but it might have been further back from the street.

I looked up 5 of the cars on their website, 4 where salvage titles.

Plus the building next door to this dealer was a collision shop with what looked like a yard full of mostly totaled vehicles.

I wouldn't waste my time on this anymore personally.

This part of Michigan avenue has a lot of these used car dealers, where they finance. I'm guessing most of them are junk for people that can't get any normal auto loans on. They have cars come and go, then repo them when the last person didn't pay after paying for a couple of months at 26% or better.

David,
Thank you so much for going out of your way to help me out. I was hoping for better news but that life. I'll keep looking for an XLR-V. If any member has one for sale, please let me know.
Ted

Buying Car Sight unseen - Get a Vehilce Report from Workbench.

When I bought my 2011 Cadillac DTS (Platinum Edition) sight-unseen, my local Cadillac Dealer was able to get a "Workbench" report that revealed more information than a CARFAX. The "Workbench" report had the entire repair history of all the work done on the car by Cadillac Dealers. All they needed was car VIN.

caddy42,
you are absolutely correct, i also got the full dealer repair history from my local dealer prior to purchase. seeing the car was maintained at the dealer by the previous owner, and what all had been done to it was very valuable. it helped me make my decision. the dealer workbench report along with the car fax paint a more clear picture of the cars reliability, issues, damage, etc.
i also was able to get from the selling dealer the RO, or repair order. this is the form they used when they went over the car and took it in as a trade. it detailed every paint defect, worn brake pads, misaligned panel, scuffed valance, cracked lower grill, etc.
there were things on that report i tried to find and when i did they were so minuscule i was not upset at all.
i think they used this report to lowball the trade in value.
what was really nice, at the end of the report was another page that listed the actual repairs they then performed once they had the car in house, front pads and rotors, realigned bumper, replaced lower grill, etc. when i bought the car i asked them to put it up on a lift so i could inspect underneath, also valuable to look for any replaced parts wear and tear etc. it was on the lift next to an audi R8 that had been disassembled for something major, so basically torn to pieces from the firewall back. looking around the shop was reassuring, and inspecting the vehicle from underneath confirmed the car was in very good condition.
all good tricks to assess a vehicle prior to purchase.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom