Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need the suspension and top control modules.

Thank you for this information. I was about to send my Electronic Suspension Control Module to "Module Experts" in Jacksonville FL (a guy name Adam 904-990-5139) Unfortunately, the dealer removed the module from the car last year and I through it away. I did not know GM had stopped making them.

have you been driving the car since? some people claim with out the module installed the car will not start but I have not found that to be the case.

Mine wouldn't start without the SC module connected. Ran fine with my drowned one, just really 'floaty] going down the highway. Still need to install the one I got back from G7 Computers. Too hot outside, and too tired when I got home last night.

I Totally understand the heat. I painted outside yesterday and put a plastic liner in my paint tray. before I could stir the paint and poor into the liner it had shriveled up into a little plastic ball. HAHA. No hurry but there are about 4 people waiting for your success to send modules to him.

Agreed! Hate to say it, but thus far Long Tall Sally is correct. Installed the "repaired" modules, rebooted the car [disconnected the battery and whatnot], same issues. In contact with the people that allegedly repaired the modules now. Film at 11.

Hate to say it [but I repeat myself], but if I really can't get the modules working, I'm pulling the magnetic shocks and throwing in Bilsteins. No d*mn way I'm paying that much for a circuit board that does the same thing that a new set of shocks does. Shame since my 2005 only has 10k miles on it. Probably keep them just in case Cadillac comes to their senses and decides to start making parts for the XLR again [not holding breath].

Hate to say it [but I repeat myself], but if I really can't get the modules working, I'm pulling the magnetic shocks and throwing in Bilsteins. No d*mn way I'm paying that much for a circuit board that does the same thing that a new set of shocks does. Shame since my 2005 only has 10k miles on it. Probably keep them just in case Cadillac comes to their senses and decides to start making parts for the XLR again [not holding breath].

I got to be honest, after already changing out the mag shocks once, at only about 3 years and maybe 25k miles ago, I really could not see doing them again at only 103k miles with OEM Mags again! So if someone would of changed the shock out with the Bilsteins without me knowing I truly don’t know if I would of really noticed or even known it, all though it feels to be a little tighter, it’s ride is pretty near the same as before to us. Even my wife said she does notice much difference! So at about the 1/3 of the cost of install OEM Shocks I thought it was a good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to have to do a search on the forum and find out what all I need to buy. I read somewhere [maybe here] about 'simulators'. Not sure what they do, but I assume its to fool the computer into thinking everything is status quo in the system.

Going to have to do a search on the forum and find out what all I need to buy. I read somewhere [maybe here] about 'simulators'. Not sure what they do, but I assume its to fool the computer into thinking everything is status quo in the system.

Yes the simulators trick the computer to think the mags are still on, mine a 05 so search if here for my post,it has the shocks and simulators you will need for an 05 I bought simulators from Jegs because 1st time buyers orders got a 20% off and shocks came from Rockauto.com. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back