Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New 2007 XLR V owner in South Dakota

Welcome,
I also have a black 07 V in Scranton Pa. Cashmere or black interior? Mine is Cashmere.

Black Ebony interior

I have the black ebony interior. The seats have a little wear on the door side leather near the seat belt. But, it looks like many Vs get that rash there. I bought some lloyd mats on Ebay that look awesome...they have XLR and the V logo. I've only had the car for 2 weeks.

I had same problem with my seats wearing in the same spot. I got a product called Classic Coat from SEM that goes on like spray paint and covers/matches perfectly. Made the seat look like new. Cashmere number is 17413 but I’m sure they do it in black also.

Welcome!

Thanks for posting! I have the same wear spots, what is your mileage and have you determined what your initial service needs are? Where did you find you V?:wave: This forum is a great place for help and suggestions!

Mileage 49,250

It has 49,250 miles on it...I bought it from a consignment dealer in Chicago (www.customclassics.net). I've looked it over and put new treads on the rear, replaced the cabin filter, but other than that, I haven't done anything else with it. I noticed the headlight issue with both turn signal lenses but I'll have to live with that. I definitely can't afford to pay for new housings! I did buy some new Lloyd mats and a car cover on eBay. The floor mats look awesome...I got the XLR with V emblem. I'm considering putting it in local car shows for fun! I did make a car show display board and I ordered the window sticker from the Corvette museum. And, that's about it. If you have any insight on what to watch for, that would be greatly appreciated.

It has 49,250 miles on it...I bought it from a consignment dealer in Chicago (www.customclassics.net). I've looked it over and put new treads on the rear, replaced the cabin filter, but other than that, I haven't done anything else with it. I noticed the headlight issue with both turn signal lenses but I'll have to live with that. I definitely can't afford to pay for new housings! I did buy some new Lloyd mats and a car cover on eBay. The floor mats look awesome...I got the XLR with V emblem. I'm considering putting it in local car shows for fun! I did make a car show display board and I ordered the window sticker from the Corvette museum. And, that's about it. If you have any insight on what to watch for, that would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s the link:
Bowling Green Reunion - 15 Years - Cadillac XLR Forum - Cadillac XLR and Cadillac XLR-V Forums | Blog

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruise to Bowling Green

Good afternoon Fireduck69, I’m not sure where to post this, I just joined... but I have XLR replacement Tow Hooks. These are a nice new design with the same fit form and function as the eyebolt some offer. GM P/N 15234068 if you or anyone is interested. See my auction on eBay for $59.95 free shipping. (Hopefully you’ll never need to use it but in case you do...you want to have it handy!)
Thank you!

Look for the topic on the cruise to bowling green for sept 26 to 30 2018.

Welcome to The Site : )

Please post some pictures of your new ride when you can. I also wanted a 'V' when I bought mine. Yet I also wanted Gold Mist. In this color the "V" was never offered, to my knowledge. Don't know why? Anyhow, "Gold Mist" won out.

Three weeks ago we bought a new (to us) 2016 Cadillac SRX AWD in Silver Coast Metallic. My wife's ride. Has 13,800 miles on it. So a "Cadillac Pattern" is beginning to form in our household. Or has already formed. :cool:

Welcome!
:wave:

Welcome the forum! I almost bought black, but was also looking for the infrared color. Finally decided on the XLR-V Infrared! But I love the black too.
Enjoy the magnificent Cadillac XLR-V.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back