Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New member - 2005 Silver XLR

RIRALPH

My XLR/V(s)
2005 SILVER XLR
Hello. I am located in Rhode Island and I am the original owner of my 2005 XLR.
This is my first ever experience with an online forum and need to learn just how this works.

Welcome I’m the 3rd owner of my 2006 infrared
58b60919a8d9a7d540ffcd712dade9d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first ever experience with an online forum and need to learn just how this works.
Welcome to the XLR Net!

Welcome to the forum. Hello Dan & Wendy here! We are over in South Central PA area about 25 minutes south of Gettysburg and only about 2 mile from Maryland / Pa line. We also have an 05 Light Platinum Silver we named Roxy! She’s has been cruz’ed to 103k miles. As for learning the forum just keep playing with it, you’ll catch on, Use the search bar on the forum page to look for questions and info of your interest. If you have cell phone with app abilities download Tapatalk App, it helps keep up to date and is very easy to load pictures on the forum from that app. There is a wealth of XLR info on this forum, great people, new owners and even some from the past. Also upcoming gatherings info when events are being planned! Got questions ask away, there is usually some else that had experience with the same issues ........good luck!
304cdbae1b23c091fc6153bb1c8e4e8f.png

3e17d2b143928d778eaf0ebf72146d17.plist

acfff55747be3694ac8e429d3b463203.plist

Last edited:
I'm in southern RI about 5 miles from the coast. Thanks for the tips. Your car looks great and just like mine except for what you have in the middle of your truck lid??
My car has about 56,000 miles. One of the reasons I joined is that I saw a post about a 2005 with no sound from the sound system. That is the issue I am having. The radio works and my back up light sensors work but there is no sound from the radio or beeps from the backup sensors. Hopefully you have NOT experienced this.

I'm in southern RI about 5 miles from the coast. Thanks for the tips. Your car looks great and just like mine except for what you have in the middle of your truck lid??
My car has about 56,000 miles. One of the reasons I joined is that I saw a post about a 2005 with no sound from the sound system. That is the issue I am having. The radio works and my back up light sensors work but there is no sound from the radio or beeps from the backup sensors. Hopefully you have NOT experienced this.

Bought our ride March of 2011 with 53K we have had quite a few problems, but nothing with sound system.
88c1a29482d09a0b7bb0748b7f5cdf4a.jpg

I added a Bluetooth setup that works through the sound system. Had buy some kind adapter attachment which some how works by using part of the XM system behind the center console in the trunk. BTW they call that a wart in the center of the trunk and that’s the antenna for the XM if it was added on and ordered from factory new in 2005 when the car was purchased , I think they said that a year or to later they were installed in the drivers rear view side mirror!
6529353885905190169576d4b58887fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a 2004 XLR....! but my fuel pump speed control module is bad...can i get some help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! get some help P L E A S E!

RE Fuel Pump

i have a 2004 XLR....! but my fuel pump speed control module is bad...can i get some help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! get some help P L E A S E!

Hello
My XLR is a 2005. I have not had any issues with my fuel pump.

Welcome to The XLR Site

My belated greetings. Welcome aboard.

Hope you got this solved?

I know I am late to this thread, and I feel your pain (belatedly) regarding the issue you describe. A "bad fuel pump speed control module"? I have been on this forum now for several years, and have never heard of such a thing? No knowledge of a "fuel pump speed control module" and I consider myself to be somewhat good at knowing my car, by now having read almost every repair issue on this site. This one is a 'First'. Do the fuel pumps fail? Yes, eventually. Yet a speed control fuel pump module? Never heard of this one. Not to say that it is incorrect though? My belated recommendation, take it to your Cadillac Dealer and pay to have them scan the system with their Tech II Diagnostics Machine (around $2 to $3 K to buy one). A regular OBD II Scanner is not sophisticated enough.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom