Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New member 2006 Infrared XLR

dennis93coupe

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR-V Crystal Red with Ebony / Cashmere 1 of 6
Hey everybody, picked up a nice 06 last month with ebony interior. She is 12k on the odometer and pretty good shape. Looking at the tires the other day and notice they are a little cracked in the middle of tread. Were these original with Michelin? When I change shoes, I'd like to get the wheels chromed. (Have a resource that polishes and plates reasonably) What's the consensus on E&G grilles? I see most of the base XLR's. Here with stock grilles. I don't particularly care for their lower mesh next to the sensors, too bad they didn't make the frame go around the outer part of the sensors, but then it might have interfered. Also I have some photos posted on photobucket. Is there a size limit for pictures here.

Congrats on the '06 and welcome to the XLR Net!

There is a size limit on photos - I believe you upload photos up to 1024 pixels wide.

I live in Southern California. I need to see where that is in my profile. Yeah I took posession on 2/14/2014 and drove it 35 miles up the road that night with the top down, seat heet on low, and was comfortable. :D:blinzel:

Congrats on your new to you XLR
You need to search no further as you have landed on the best XLR site on the internet with the best people too! Welcome and enjoy your awesome ride! I know we all do enjoy ours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Welcome...

Welcome home Dennis93coupe... We are happy to have you aboard.

Congrats and great color. I too have a 06 base. Mine had 20758 miles on her. I recently had to have a new weatherstrip installed on her. Because of the trunk bed was soaked. But other then that. I've had no major problems with her. Right now my touch pad (door opener) is acting up.

Touch pads...

Congrats and great color. I too have a 06 base. Mine had 20758 miles on her. I recently had to have a new weatherstrip installed on her. Because of the trunk bed was soaked. But other then that. I've had no major problems with her. Right now my touch pad (door opener) is acting up.

They're a dime a dozen on ebay... I ordered 3 and threw them on a shelf just in case. They ru8n in the neighborhood of 10 to 20 bucks and are super easy to install.

After the weatherstrip fiasco. I asked my dealer. He told me they are in the higher range. Because of the touch pad

Take a look...

After the weatherstrip fiasco. I asked my dealer. He told me they are in the higher range. Because of the touch pad

Your dealer doesn't want you on ebay... He wants you to buy from him for more.

Updated Door Latch release switch CORVETTE C6 CADILLAC XLR 22751230 OEM GM NEW
Buy It Now price:$13.74
bin_15x54.gif

End time:Mar-27-14 10:17:35 PDT

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Congrats on the XLR and welcome to the site. There lots of great people here willing to help and some pretty decent humor from time to time. Enjoy your new ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy installs as well...

...and we're talking 2 screws and a plug on the install. Eezzy peezyy....lol

That's ridiculous. The dealer that is.

Great...

That's ridiculous. The dealer that is.

Great... I was sitting here wondering if you were gonna be able to see the link I sent. THAT'S what I was talking about. We have an 07 Lincoln MKZ that had a burned out headlamp. The dealer wanted to charge me close to $1100.00 to replace the entire headlamp assembly. I went to ebay and got a new bulb and new ballast for less than $100.00. Now don't get me wrong I always check with the dealer to make sure of what parts I actually need then I price them elsewhere because if you let them they will get you.

Last edited:
Yep I clicked the link. Then also clicked on some pics at the bottom of the page.

Wow talk about a welcome, this IS ​a great place to be. Pictures coming up.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back