Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

new member do my own repairs

n2deep

My XLR/V(s)
2004 cadillac xlr
Hey guys just wanted to pop in say hi. Have been an xlr owner for about 2 years now still love love love my car. I work on it myself from fuel pump to trans linkage fixes. Hope to shed some light on a few common problems on the shuting of also .

DIY ? Cool Like it! : )

Welcome. I also do all my own work. Primarily because I don't trust others to take the care that I will in accomplishing it. I not only repair what has to be done for the most part, but will also clean and paint, or re-paint any mechanical parts to factory spec as I go if necessary. The biggest issues posted on the site seem to be with people not keeping their battery on a battery tender when stored in the garage. These cars go 'nuts' :bash: with low voltage. The most difficult job was replacing the front timing cover gasket that was leaking. Borrowed the special XLR Harmonic Balancer Puller from an XLR Tec friend that had one. Also bought the 'special' tool' for removing the trans cooler lines on eBay. Diameter of a dime and $70.00. Ouch. Plus I had to re-line the brakes. Car was a one owner with 29K miles on it. The dealer Service Manager from new in San Diego laughed after they were done inspecting it for me before I drove it back to Colorado. His comment as he laughed, "It needs new brakes and rotors again." Me: "Huh?" "The guys wife who has been driving it has a real bad habit. She drives with her right foot resting on the brake pedal. This will be the 3rd set of new bakes and rotors since new."

Hey guys just wanted to pop in say hi. Have been an xlr owner for about 2 years now still love love love my car. I work on it myself from fuel pump to trans linkage fixes. Hope to shed some light on a few common problems on the shuting of also .

Sending you a PM.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back