Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New member here Bruce, I just bought an 04 xlr, looking for info on headlights servicing

Brucereid

My XLR/V(s)
04 XLR Crimson Pearl,
Hello Everyone. I just bought a beautiful 04 Crimson Pearl, I just love the car and I an just getting started cleaning up everything. My First question for anybody who can direct me. In the passenger side head light. In the middle is a little one. Can anyone tell how to change it? Thank you:dunno:

Bruce Reid
Copperopolis Ca.95228

Hello Everyone. I just bought a beautiful 04 Crimson Pearl, I just love the car and I an just getting started cleaning up everything. My First question for anybody who can direct me. In the passenger side head light. In the middle is a little one. Can anyone tell how to change it? Thank you:dunno:

Bruce Reid
Copperopolis Ca.95228

welcome Bruce lots of great information here

Welcome I hear that your best bet since the 04/05 models had headlight fogging issues. The best bet is look into a 06 headlight assembly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine yours looks cracked and crazed? As mentioned above, this lens is not replaceable. Your only recourse is to change out the entire headlamp for an '06 or newer, also mentioned above. In '06, GM changed the makeup of the plastic used for the center lens and no longer had the problem. Be aware, the headlamps are NOT cheap, they list for around $1100 each. A jumper harness is also required in order to change out the headlamps, since '06 and newer have adaptive headlamps. I have both headlamps and jumpers that I purchased for Canadian Viking, a member here on the forum. Contact him, I know he wants to sell them. Check out this thread: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...and-wiring-harnesses.html?highlight=headlamps

Last edited:

Bruce Reid
Copperopolis Ca.95228

Are you asking about replacing the little bulb located to the inside of the center of the headlamp assembly? If so, you have to remove the headlamp assembly to replace the bulb. That can be done by removing the inner wheel well liner to access the bolts holding the headlamp assembly to the body. I replaced mine with an LED.

Welcome ! : )

Crimson Pearl. A favorite XLR color of mine, in addition of course to Gold Mist :). Rob's XLR is Crimson Pearl and a beautiful one as well. He did an amazing amount of work on his having brought it back from potential 'car grave yard' status.

From what I understand the headlights were an issue in 04' and 05'.

Welcome aboard!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back