Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Owner in Phx

rsqrd930

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
I have been thinking about this car for YEARS! Now part of the collection, and if I can pry my wife out of it, I might get to drive it! Fantastic!:blinzel:

Congratulations!

Welcome to the club. Now start planning to join us in September in Bowling Green!:wave:

TOO LATE!!!! DARN!!!!!

Welcome to the the forum!

I already bought one before I knew... you just delivered it!!!! :bash: :(:dunno:

I got the multi color remote, at my daughters insistance...XLR etching.:thumbsup

Gonna install it, after I see why my tonneau flap won't seat!!!:thumbsup

I now have TWO cars with torque tubes!

By the way, if you visit the garage, you see my Porsche 928S4 (1988)... another car with a torque tube arrangement!

The automatic versions of the 928 suffered from defective / deteriorating flex plates, that would expand and put forward pressure on the crankshaft, and crater the engines.

My 928 is a more rare 5 speed manual, so no issues there.

The automatics we made I think by Mercedes, and I noted that the tran in my 2005 was made in France (is that correct?)... but not by Mercedes, right? I have really never felt a auto shift quite so smooth.

i have to learn more...

The 928 was a widely imitated car I think body style wise, but the XLR got the right idea with the torque tubes... the 928 is almost perfect 50 50 balance, low COG and corners like no 911 ever did....

TTFN

Welcome : )

Nice! Welcome to The XLR Forum. Many Moons ago I drove a fairly new 928 stick a friend owned. I remember that it had blinding acceleration and handled beautifully. It is on my 'car dream' list as well as two other potential additional vehicles. --- I say 'dream' because the bosses' dreams are different than mine. :rolleyes: Clean 928's are getting harder and harder to find. Again, welcome!

Welcome!

I have been thinking about this car for YEARS! Now part of the collection, and if I can pry my wife out of it, I might get to drive it! Fantastic!:blinzel:

Enjoy! This forum is a great place for getting answers to questions!

Yo

I’m also in Phoenix. Bought my XLR last year. I’d like to get other local owners organized. Let me know what you think.

Kyle

July? It Gets Really Hot in Phoenix!

I’m also in Phoenix. Bought my XLR last year. I’d like to get other local owners organized. Let me know what you think.

Kyle

Years ago I often traveled to Phoenix on business. Sometimes in the summer. One July I was there and it was 115*. My customer was right downtown Phoenix. I made the mistake when I left Colorado of wearing rubber soul shoes. They were melting and sticking to the sidewalk. So in their lobby I took them off so I wouldn't leave melted black rubber on their white marble floors. The receptionist whom I knew saw me carrying them in. She laughed, and knowingly said, "Rubber Soul Shoes?"

Sounds about right - Leave your heavy coat at home

Years ago I often traveled to Phoenix on business. Sometimes in the summer. One July I was there and it was 115*. My customer was right downtown Phoenix. I made the mistake when I left Colorado of wearing rubber soul shoes. They were melting and sticking to the sidewalk. So in their lobby I took them off so I wouldn't leave melted black rubber on their white marble floors. The receptionist whom I knew saw me carrying them in. She laughed, and knowingly said, "Rubber Soul Shoes?"

I’m still waiting for it to get cold enough to warrant breaking out my leather jacket. :)

On another note, found the posting for the 15 year anniversary meet in Kentucky and think that it will be a blast. Once I confirm I can attend I’ll confirm in the post.

Any other Cadillac owners in Phoenix interested in organizing? There are tons of great local rides that could be driven.

Kyle

Have XLR,,,will travel,,

Quote, Kyle: "Any other Cadillac owners in Phoenix interested in organizing?"

Arizona Allante XLR > Home :thumbsup

Contact > Tom Taylor > ttaylor10@cox.net

Great group of Cadillac Roadster owners

:wave:

Hi! I'm in Buckeye, Az. Just got my XLR this past Saturday. I'm looking for other owners to meet up with. Do you ever go to "Pavs" on Sat nights in Scottsdale? It's an awesome car meet with hundreds of cars & thousands of spectators every week.
Hit me up if you're ever interested in meeting up!

Kyle

New here! Also a Phx XLR owner as of this past Saturday.
Let's roll!

Hello! I’m new here...

Greetings! I’m not sure where would be appropriate to place this, but I now have Replacement Tow Hooks p/n 15234068 for your Cadillac XLR with storage bag. Looks nice and performs just like OEM!
Contact billosteen123@gmail.com
I apologize if this is not the place for this comment.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom