Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Owner/Member

Grocery-Gtr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Xenon Blue, I call "Blue Thunder."
Good evening all and Happy New Year. My name is Howard and I just purchased a 2005 Xenon Blue XLR. Real excited about it. I worked for GM Flight Department when it first hit the market and fell in love with it. Of course looking for a few parts, but at the price I payed, I have a lot of room left for fixes. First thing I'm going to do is oil change, tune-up, new plugs, transmission flush and replace the camshaft position sensor due to a leak. Pre-buy noted coolant leak at the clamp. Any other suggestions??? Looking forward to getting to know the forum. I live in Atlanta, GA for anyone that's interested....
xlr2.jpg

Reactions: Rob
Good evening all and Happy New Year. My name is Howard and I just purchased a 2005 Xenon Blue XLR. Real excited about it. I worked for GM Flight Department when it first hit the market and fell in love with it. Of course looking for a few parts, but at the price I payed, I have a lot of room left for fixes. First thing I'm going to do is oil change, tune-up, new plugs, transmission flush and replace the camshaft position sensor due to a leak. Pre-buy noted coolant leak at the clamp. Any other suggestions??? Looking forward to getting to know the forum. I live in Atlanta, GA for anyone that's interested....
View attachment 13510

Yes sir. That's my intent. Can't wait to take the scenic drive, with the top dropped, in the North GA Mountains with my girl....

Welcome GG!, If you do not have records of when last done, I would add engine coolant change, 4 wheel alignment. Coolant should be every 5 yrs, it gets acidic. Also diff fluid change just to be sure its filled with the latest fluid spec from GM. Enjoy!

Welcome GG!, If you do not have records of when last done, I would add engine coolant change, 4 wheel alignment. Coolant should be every 5 yrs, it gets acidic. Also diff fluid change just to be sure its filled with the latest fluid spec from GM. Enjoy!
Thank you TomP. I had planned on doing a radiator flush. Went to the shop today and they did an all wheel alingnment check and it failed. The pre-buy found the front shocks are leaking so hopefully replacing them will fix that. Thanks for your response. Have a great week....

Welcome and happy new year. Enjoy your ride they are a very special commodity. AL
Yes sir and thank you aesposito1. That's my intent. Can't wait to take the scenic drive, with the top dropped, in the North GA Mountains with my girl....

Welcome to to the XLR Net and Happy New Year Howard! :wave:
Afternoon Rob. This is a great site. The one thing I notice about XLR owners is the back stories that come with their post. I guess it's this way with most people when it comes to buying that life long love. Question: When going to the registry, I have to scroll threw all the born on dates of 3184 cars and 160 something pages to get to my profile. Is there a way that I can put in my BOD and go right to my profile? If not, then that's my suggestion.... Thanks for a great site......

Thank you! Yes, if you just click on the Search tab in the registry, just enter the last four digits of your VIN in the serial field and hit enter.

Thank you! Yes, if you just click on the Search tab in the registry, just enter the last four digits of your VIN in the serial field and hit enter.
Rogg. Thank you.... I can spend hours just thumbing threw the site pages and post. Is that weird?? Maybe not when I talk to a fellow XLRian......

Rogg. Thank you.... I can spend hours just thumbing threw the site pages and post. Is that weird?? Maybe not when I talk to a fellow XLRian......
Not at all! That's what I built the site for! Browse and enjoy!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom