Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

new owner

odiesxlr

As a new XLR owner, i find mysef in a pickle. my 05 has been in garage foe a few months, and the battery went dead. normally this wouldn't be a problem, but my wife went to start the car and closed the door. Now she finds the battery dead, and has locked her self inside. My question is, how do I open the door from inside with a dead battery. Yes my wife has used a few bad words at my car and me. HELP!

As a new XLR owner, i find mysef in a pickle. my 05 has been in garage foe a few months, and the battery went dead. normally this wouldn't be a problem, but my wife went to start the car and closed the door. Now she finds the battery dead, and has locked her self inside. My question is, how do I open the door from inside with a dead battery. Yes my wife has used a few bad words at my car and me. HELP!

Pull the release handle on the floor, next to the door. Don't shut the door until you have the hood up and can charge the battery (or fit a new one).

Man died last year in a Corvette because he could not get out on a hot day because battery was dead. He did not read the manual after purchasing the Corvette. It is the owners responsibility to understand how a car works. That is why a manual comes with the car. This forum answers many question not covered in the manual. This answer is in the manual.

I am glad the question was asked and an answer was provided. I am one of those that only reaches for the instruction manual IF I can't figure it out. I know. Not the best method. I know one thing for sure. On my way to work this morning I'm going to identify that emergency door release handle and mentally log it in!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Man died last year in a Corvette because he could not get out on a hot day because battery was dead. He did not read the manual after purchasing the Corvette. It is the owners responsibility to understand how a car works. That is why a manual comes with the car. This forum answers many question not covered in the manual. This answer is in the manual.

Texas man, dog die after being trapped in Corvette

Time well spent!

I am one of those that only reaches for the instruction manual IF I can't figure it out. I know. Not the best method.

You would be well served to read the Owners Manual cover to cover. You will find out what ALL of those switches do. For example, do you know how to start the car if the batteries go weak or dead in your keyfob?

You would be well served to read the Owners Manual cover to cover. You will find out what ALL of those switches do. For example, do you know how to start the car if the batteries go weak or dead in your keyfob?
Well, this has inspired me to head to the store and pick up some CR2032 replacement batteries for my 2 keyfobs. Hopefully some preventive measures like this will make that less likely to happen. I Replaced the current ones right now, which I assume haven't been replaced since 2006...! And I have 2 new ones left for emergency.

I know the emergency key I have opens the trunk,and the glove compartment. What I don't remember reading is how you gain entrance into the car once you open the trunk...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Inside the trunk,,

Once inside the trunk,,, there is a marked handle to 'pull' on the left side.

The car will still start with a depleted battery in the fob if you place it in the slot in the glovebox - again, this is covered in the Owner's manual.

CC :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back