Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Thread

gerri1948

My XLR/V(s)
My name is Gerri, and just purchased a 2007 XLR-V! Put a hundred miles on it over the week end! Love it! Thanks for letting me join:wave:

Congrats and welcome to the XLR Net! Be sure to check out the XLR Registry!

Welcome, I also have an 07 V. Black with cashmere interior. I drive mine a lot, like 30,000 miles a year. I love driving it. More fun than looking at it in the garage.

Welcome to the forum, lots on XLR knowledge for questions an answers here, for problems and just want to information! Glad to see it’s not just sitting in your garage! Enjoy your new toy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Aboard !

Hi Gerri. Welcome to The XLR Site. Where are you in Minnesota? Once upon a time we lived in both St. Louis Park, and then later in Minnetonka.

Please post some pictures of your car when you can.

Again, Welcome!

Know it well. Very pretty spot! --- As you are aware, downtown Minneapolis has lots of parking garages with walkways above street level to various sky scrapper office buildings. One time I had to go to a meeting downtown and parked in one of the garages above street level. Took the breezeway to the tower. When I went to leave, I realized I had stuck the parking ticket under the car's visor. Oops! :confused: I did not know which parking garage I was in? The interconnecting garages and breezeways there above street level are like a 'maze'. Ugh! I looked for the car for about two hours then just gave up and took a cab home. Eventually the garage called after tracing my plate and I got the car back. The parking bill was 'large'. :(

Welcome I have a 06 base infrared
64a0750b0c311082871d6e3a0f1c7b69.jpg

Oh btw the heart or brains for the top is in a cubby left side of trunk. Lift the little shell or board and make sure that there is. I standing water also make sure the drain hole isn’t blocked. If that area gets wet and holds water then you could be in for quite a headache and expensive repair bill. Another thing to purchase if not 2 other things. Get a good battery tender and if u know you’ll not use the car for a couple days plug the tender in. Also I’ve been known to leave the hood open at cruise ins and shows. Get a jump starter too. Just encase you run into that kind of situation where you have a dead battery at shows and car gathering. I have onstar yes but the embarrassment of waiting for a jump or asking around to see if anyone has a jump box while everyone is looking at you is kind of embarrassing. ESP if the top is down and it rains before your help arrives. I haven’t had that predicament yet. Knock on wood.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back