Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New XLR owner...light platinum 2008

Misty,

Just a word of advice, be careful of the younger generation with their souped up 'Rice Burners'!

I've had several out here in CA. that have gotten really mad at me because I refused to 'Street Race' with them. They throw stuff at my car and shout remarks in reference to my age etc. just trying to get me to race with them. What I do is look for a police car and then make like I'm going to race them but as soon as they take off, I lay on my horn to get the policeman's attention and point at them. This tactic works about 2 out of 3 times. If the policeman goes after them, I follow and when he pulls them over, I tell him what had been going on if they were throwing stuff at me, trying to get me to race with them on public streets. Two of these kids have hamkd their cars impounded right on the spot and the driver was hand-cuffed and taken away in the police car.
I also just turn off the street we're on and take a different route to get to my destination.

There are a lot of STUPID YOUNG DRIVERS out here in the L.A. County, Ca. area! That's why my XLR only gets driven on the freeways, but not at 'Rush hour' traffic time!

That sounds just horrible. Thank you for the warning.

That sounds just horrible. Thank you for the warning. And that's probably known in any large city. They are all jealous of our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had that happen with ANY car ever -- including the XLR -- hopefully you should have the same luck!

Yes me either. Just saying that if you go to any area of any big city . There are always young car guys wanting to race. But everywhere I go to in my area, everyone turns their head or stops me at a light and asks,"nice car" or what is that ". I just have a big grin on and say "yep it's a caddy. A super caddy".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the warm welcomes....I already am in such love with my car.
On the way home from work yestday I was smiling (hard to do in Houston traffic). I had the same feeling I did when I got my first car at 16. You know the feeling? Willing to run errands for your mom, take your brother to practice....any excuse to drive.....just that feeling of freedom and power! I'd forgotten how that felt. This is a wonderful gift....for a woman who is having a birthday with a BIG "0" at the end in a few months. I feel like a teenager again! My husband and I are looking forward to meeting this new family!
Ive already heard many words of wisdom....good to know about NOT putting my purse in the trunk with the fob in it....that is something I would have done.

Thank you again for the welcomes.

Welcome to the family! Great choice:)

Crystal L-Cadillac Customer Care

The worse things I get are people trying to show off when they see me. The world is full of stupid people.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom