Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New XLR owner...light platinum 2008

misty

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Light Platinum XLR.
Good morning. I'm new to the XLR world....and love it already.
I recently saw a car, thought it was the most fabulous car I'd ever seen and went home and described it to my husband. He immediately knew what it, and said...you must have one....and now I do! We took our first mini-road trip this weekend. It was wonderful. I don't want to say that colors are now brighter and the birds sing a little sweeter....but it's true!

I've enjoyed reading your posts, you all have made this sound like a close family, looking forward to more trips and events.

misty

I recently saw a car, thought it was the most fabulous car I'd ever seen and went home and described it to my husband. He immediately knew what it, and said...you must have one....and now I do! We took our first mini-road trip this weekend. It was wonderful. I don't want to say that colors are now brighter and the birds sing a little sweeter....but it's true!

I've enjoyed reading your posts, you all have made this sound like a close family, looking forward to more trips and events.

misty

Misty,

Congrats on your XLR and welcome to the XLR Net. Glad to have you here with us! :wave:

misty

Welcome to the forum Misty, (as in 'Play Misty For Me'?) is that Sugar Land, Tx.?

misty

Yes misty. welcome to the forum

Misty

You and your Hubby will absolutely love your XLR!
WELCOME to the most Awesome XLR people & forum that you will find on the Internet! My 2005 "ROXY" is also the Light Platinum Silver! As you browse the forum you will find that we all love our XLR's so much that some or most of us have even named our baby's! Also you will see where we setup different events for all who can attend an meet up in different states on occasions trips & Events mostly during the Spring, Summer & Fall time! If you can, you must try to attend some events and have a time of your life! and get to know the greatest people & enjoy food, drinks and a good time! It's just all about getting XLR Owners together and having an AWESOME TIME! And If you got questions someone here usually got an answer! GOOD LUCK & ENJOY YOUR NEW AWESOME RIDE!
Now go out and turn some heads!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367255450.060389.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Congrats and welcome to the forum. :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the best forum on the net. :wave:

Mike

Welcome, Misty! You will absolutely LOVE your XLR and this forum. Don't be shy - no question is too small. The more involved you get here, the more fun you will have with your XLR and us other forum members. The great thing about this forum is that we are ALL here with one common love - our XLR's! :cool:

Hope to meet you and your WONDERFUL husband at some XLR event. Enjoy!

Thank you for the warm welcomes....I already am in such love with my car.
On the way home from work yestday I was smiling (hard to do in Houston traffic). I had the same feeling I did when I got my first car at 16. You know the feeling? Willing to run errands for your mom, take your brother to practice....any excuse to drive.....just that feeling of freedom and power! I'd forgotten how that felt. This is a wonderful gift....for a woman who is having a birthday with a BIG "0" at the end in a few months. I feel like a teenager again! My husband and I are looking forward to meeting this new family!
Ive already heard many words of wisdom....good to know about NOT putting my purse in the trunk with the fob in it....that is something I would have done.

Thank you again for the welcomes.

Ive already heard many words of wisdom....good to know about NOT putting my purse in the trunk with the fob in it....that is something I would have done.

Or with the emergency rear bumper key!

Misty, Congrats on your new baby!!! You'll love your XLR! I hope we get to see you guys @ one of the events.:wave:

Miles of Smiles!

Welcome to the forum... You have definately found the best XLR forum on the internet. Anything you want answered, just ask and someone will respond with an answer.
Hope to meet you in 2014 at the Montana rocket run!!!

Thank you for the warm welcomes....I already am in such love with my car.
On the way home from work yestday I was smiling (hard to do in Houston traffic). I had the same feeling I did when I got my first car at 16. You know the feeling? Willing to run errands for your mom, take your brother to practice....any excuse to drive.....just that feeling of freedom and power! I'd forgotten how that felt. This is a wonderful gift....for a woman who is having a birthday with a BIG "0" at the end in a few months. I feel like a teenager again! My husband and I are looking forward to meeting this new family!

Hope you are browsing the forum events as there is a few XLR Events scheduling now!
The 2 to bring to your attention is BobFest on weekend of Sept 19/20th
And then the next week is the 10 Year Anniversary of the 1st XLR off the line in 2003 at Bowling Green Ky. that will start Sept. 26th - 29th Thursday eve to Sunday morning! Plus do anything else you want to do while there! Nashville is only about an hour south also!
Keep update here on the forum as it get organized!

misty

Misty,

Congratulations on your new XLR. We have had ours for almost a year. I know the feeling you describe. You have to drive it to experience it.

Today, the top down weather was perfect for a little road trip. We headed up to the Amador County wine country to enjoy the back roads and some good wine. Must admit it was a success on both counts. The XLR never ceases to turn a lot of heads. If you ever get to the Sacramento area, send us a note and we can hit the road together.

It was a great day for the top down in Sugar Land also! She spent most of the day having a clear coat "bra" applied. Driving the country roads in Texas can be brutal on paint...the BUGS are a big problem.
You are right...she does turn heads! Still judging just how may groceries fit in the trunk with he top down. Funny.....I dot seem o mind making more frequent trips!
My husband and I are wanting to attend the Kentucky event.....are there any drives in Texas...or near here! My dream is to drive to Tahoe....one of our favorite places to go.

Love seeing everyone's photos! Im just having the best time...

It was a great day for the top down in Sugar Land also! She spent most of the day having a clear coat "bra" applied. Driving the country roads in Texas can be brutal on paint...the BUGS are a big problem.
You are right...she does turn heads! Still judging just how may groceries fit in the trunk with he top down. Funny.....I dot seem o mind making more frequent trips!
My husband and I are wanting to attend the Kentucky event.....are there any drives in Texas...or near here! My dream is to drive to Tahoe....one of our favorite places to go.

Love seeing everyone's photos! Im just having the best time...

We all would love to see you in BG for the 10 year homecoming event

We will stay posted for details on the BG trip.....we do want to attend!
Keep us in mind.

You sure hit the nail on the head with comparing the XLR feeling to driving your first car at 16! Never thought of it that way, but it's the same sense of freedom, fun & life is great.

Hope you can make it to BG -- you definitely have the right attitude (love of the XLR for all it is, as is) -- think you will really have a great time!

Misty,

Just a word of advice, be careful of the younger generation with their souped up 'Rice Burners'!

I've had several out here in CA. that have gotten really mad at me because I refused to 'Street Race' with them. They throw stuff at my car and shout remarks in reference to my age etc. just trying to get me to race with them. What I do is look for a police car and then make like I'm going to race them but as soon as they take off, I lay on my horn to get the policeman's attention and point at them. This tactic works about 2 out of 3 times. If the policeman goes after them, I follow and when he pulls them over, I tell him what had been going on if they were throwing stuff at me, trying to get me to race with them on public streets. Two of these kids have had their cars impounded right on the spot and the driver was hand-cuffed and taken away in the police car.
I also just turn off the street we're on and take a different route to get to my destination.

There are a lot of STUPID YOUNG DRIVERS out here in the L.A. County, Ca. area! That's why my XLR only gets driven on the freeways, but not at 'Rush hour' traffic time!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom