Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

notification box question

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red Jewel XLR
Rob:
My log in box, before I'm logged in, and my notification and forum name box, after I log in, are over top of the model center, reviews, and vendors boxes most of the time when I'm on the site. Every once in a while they are beneath the model center, etc. boxes. When I go up to check my "notification" box, the model center, reviews, or vendors drop down boxes show up instead of the "notification" drop down box, depending on where my cursor is. I can't tell when I get a notification telling me I have new "likes", etc.. So, the first thing I do when I get on the site is go to my forum page and check my "likes", etc. Logging out, rebooting, and logging back in doesn't help, the notification box is still over the top of the other boxes. This isn't really a big deal, just a little frustrating. Do you have any suggestions?

I have the same problem Rod and Rob, I just ignore it as I don't come on the forum that often.

I have that problem on one computer only I usually just click on my user cp to get to stuff if I see something come up. I assume it has something to do with my display settings since I don't have the problem elsewhere, but I have no idea.

Same here.

I never log out. I click on the link in my "Bookmarks Toolbar" and I'm automatically logged in. I use Firefox if you think that makes a difference.

Notification box

I guess that I have the same issue but, because I am new to the site I just presumed I had done something wrong and just ignore it.:blinzel: BTW I also never log out.:dunno::dunno:

Rob:
My log in box, before I'm logged in, and my notification and forum name box, after I log in, are over top of the model center, reviews, and vendors boxes most of the time when I'm on the site. Every once in a while they are beneath the model center, etc. boxes. When I go up to check my "notification" box, the model center, reviews, or vendors drop down boxes show up instead of the "notification" drop down box, depending on where my cursor is. I can't tell when I get a notification telling me I have new "likes", etc.. So, the first thing I do when I get on the site is go to my forum page and check my "likes", etc. Logging out, rebooting, and logging back in doesn't help, the notification box is still over the top of the other boxes. This isn't really a big deal, just a little frustrating. Do you have any suggestions?

I found out by reducing the mag.% from 100 to 75% (bottom right hand corner of my monitor) it moves that line out so the "Notication, etc" are not on top of the other fields.

I found out by reducing the mag.% from 100 to 75% (bottom right hand corner of my monitor) it moves that line out so the "Notication, etc" are not on top of the other fields.

Thanks, but doesn't make any difference on my computer... just makes everything smaller, actually so small I can't read anything.:D:D The "Notification, etc." is still on top of the other fields.

I have that problem .... and several others that I have tried to address - but always told it is my computer. Well, it's not. This is the only site that is a problem for me. Posting a reply almost takes an act of Congress to do. Reply box takes a long time to come up .... using the 'more' part of the emonicons is an iffy proposition .... and posting takes just as long. For that reason, I find myself losing interest in participating .... too much work. BTW, I have given my computer info before, and listed my 'specific' problems and they still exist.

I have that problem .... and several others that I have tried to address - but always told it is my computer. Well, it's not. This is the only site that is a problem for me. Posting a reply almost takes an act of Congress to do. Reply box takes a long time to come up .... using the 'more' part of the emonicons is an iffy proposition .... and posting takes just as long. For that reason, I find myself losing interest in participating .... too much work. BTW, I have given my computer info before, and listed my 'specific' problems and they still exist.

This is the only problem I've have with the site; it's not that much of a problem, just takes more time. The reply box comes up fairly quickly, the 'more' part of emoticons also comes up fairly quickly, as well as the rest of the site. Buy fairly quickly, I mean within 5 seconds. Sometimes immediately... :dunno:

Got on this morning, the "notification, etc" boxes are in the correct place, directly below the other boxes. Hopefully they'll stay there. When I was on late last night, they were still on top of the boxes.

Got on this morning, the "notification, etc" boxes are in the correct place, directly below the other boxes. Hopefully they'll stay there. When I was on late last night, they were still on top of the boxes.

Mine are still on top of the other things, I agree with RA. Wish they would get this cleared up.

Yes ..... if I put it on 75% the tabs at the top do not over lap .... but then I cannot see a dang thing unless I increase it back to 100% .... those are not MY problems .... Also, it takes anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds for the pictures to load and then it jumps up and down the screen from post to post until they do .... I used to love looking at Bruce's pix ... now ... not so much. I did work as an IT for about 10 years (albeit a number of years ago) and do know enough to know that it is not my computer that is having the problems. Rod, I believe you and I have had this discussion before .... I should not have to keep changing my settings to accomodate the one website that I have problems with. I'm not asking for anyone to 'help me out' .... I am simply stating what problems exist for me, and I know that I am not the only one having them ....

Figured it out... with help

This same problem was occurring on cadillacvnet.com, so I posted the same thing there. Forum member, Tuna, told me to go to the "Tools" drop-down box in my browser and click on "Compatability view". I did so, and the "notification box, etc." are now where they're supposed to be... under the other boxes.

This same problem was occurring on cadillacvnet.com, so I posted the same thing there. Forum member, Tuna, told me to go to the "Tools" drop-down box in my browser and click on "Compatability view". I did so, and the "notification box, etc." are now where they're supposed to be... under the other boxes.

Thanks Rod,
That worked for me also.

Thanx Rod, it fixed my problem also, too.:worship::worship:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back