Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nov 28-30, 2008, BBB III cruise

b_pappy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Greetings all,
We have a event planned the weekend of Thanksgiving, XLR owners are encouraged to attend. This started planning on the other forum, and I'll continue to keep both locations up to speed for everyone's convenience. Nothing is cast in concrete, but here is our initial itinerary:
Preliminary thoughts:
Accommodations at Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel in Studio City (assuming availability)

Friday (Nov 28):
arrive early afternoon to San Fernando Valley area, check in, etc.
cruise Bob's Big Boy (Burbank) / casual Italian dinner in Valley / retire to hotel, or local hot spots in area

Saturday (Nov 29):
local Breakfast / visit, maybe scenic cruise of Ventura / Carney's dogs on Ventura / drive to Chowchilla for party at mswaim & PD5150 home / spend night in local hotel.

Sunday (Nov 30):
local breakfast, goodbyes & head home.

Post here if you are planning on attending or have other suggestions. Glad mswaim & PD5150 are out of town and they don't know we are volunteering their home for a party. :eek:
Bruce

Oh .... ! I forgot that we needed to re-post ... How soon we forget LOL :lol:

Yep, Ray and I are still going .... California in November is a wonderful time ....

Don't worry, no one likes a party better than Mswaim and PD ....:twist::drink: :twist:

RA

Carney's Hot dogs on Saturday before we head up to Marks. I know Kent will want one.
Everything else sounds great, just a casual weekend with no time restraints sounds great.
Count the BOBO in.
If we get up there on Friday about noon we could get our Carney dogs on Friday in case that would conflict with breakfast on Saturday. My .02 cents.

Alternate dinner Friday, would anyone be interested in Hungarian instead of Italian? There is a great little Hungarian restaurant over in Studio City, but may not be everyone's choice. Either works for me.
Bruce

Do you mean Friday night? Saturday we will be at Marks.:pat: Does this mean Daaaaaaaaaaaah? I don't care where I eat as long as it's good food. What am I saying? Is Carney's good hot dogs?
Bobo (BB)
Alternate dinner Saturday, would anyone be interested in Hungarian instead of Italian? There is a great little Hungarian restaurant over in Studio City, but may not be everyone's choice. Either works for me.
Bruce

Hey! I'm Hungarian! I love that food .... but, you're right .... it's not steak!

You make the decision Bruce ... your call .... :)

RA

Chowchilla is about a 4 hour drive according to mapquest. We could grab an early lunch Saturday at Carney's and hit the road. I run with a Valentine detector and cruise around ...um more than 55, but still double digits. Is that too fast? I figure we would be there early afternoon that way. I really don't know what time Mark & Doris are expecting us. Carney's are good dogs & somewhat of a landmark icon.
I meant Hungarian for dinner on Friday.
Ruth Ann, no kidding you're Hungariian - small world. I will only take us there if the majority agrees. For those who are unfamiliar, Hungarian is similar to German food. Otherwise it's Italian, or steaks, or whatever the majority decides.
Bruce

Yep ... no kidding .... I am half Hungarian .... born smack-dab in the middle of an immigrant "Polish" community in Illinois ..... I love that food ..... filling and very hearty! But, we can't lose on this deal .... Ray is half Italian!

I think you have a great plan .... We will vote YES .... Carney's makes a great lunch stop ... that will make Standby and Jetboy verrrrrrrrrrry happy ... (oh ... and Detail Guy too!) ...
Madam Angel:angel(RA)

How about Sourbrauten. Hans wife cooked it in Vegas, woooooooooooooooooow was it goot.
Bob
Alternate dinner Friday, would anyone be interested in Hungarian instead of Italian? There is a great little Hungarian restaurant over in Studio City, but may not be everyone's choice. Either works for me.
Bruce

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined Pappy,
Ja, das würde gut sein, der saurbraten würde wunderbar sein Or heck yea!
Bob (BB)
Chowchilla is about a 4 hour drive according to mapquest. We could grab an early lunch Saturday at Carney's and hit the road. I run with a Valentine detector and cruise around ...um more than 55, but still double digits. Is that too fast? I figure we would be there early afternoon that way. I really don't know what time Mark & Doris are expecting us. Carney's are good dogs & somewhat of a landmark icon.
I meant Hungarian for dinner on Friday.
Ruth Ann, no kidding you're Hungariian - small world. I will only take us there if the majority agrees. For those who are unfamiliar, Hungarian is similar to German food. Otherwise it's Italian, or steaks, or whatever the majority decides.
Bruce

Carney's for lunch before we head up sounds like a plan.

Okay ... we finally got our reservations for Friday night at the Sportsmen's Lodge ... so, I guess we are ready to :party.... when mswaim and PD get home from their cruise, they will let us know where to stay in Chowchilla (no, that's not food .... )

Hungarian for dinner .... Carney's for lunch .... ohhhhh, I think I will have to pack the Pepto Bismol ........ :rolleyes:

not enough Hungarians in the Valley

Good thing I have stated all along my plans were fluid. As I started planning our driving routes and itinerary it seems the Hungarian restaurant has closed and is now East Indian food. Plan B takes us to Italian for dinner on Friday. Hopefully special drive planned for Saturday with some great photo ops!
Kent, what time will you be joining us Saturday?
I'm not sure what time our Chowchilla hosts expect us yet.
Bruce

The Bruce
Plan B sounds good, do we have a plan C in case they run out of wine at the Italian Restaurant?
Good thing you checked it out. It's about 260 miles to Marks from Glendale, which should be about 3 1/2 hours at 80 mph, and another 1/2 hour for sand box stops for Ruthie. water, Ruthie, water, Ruthie and pictures, which will work just great after Carney's on saturday.
Of course you'll have to keep up with my V.
To go where no V has gone before.........Take her out Mr. Sulu, to bad we don't have Scotty to beam us up to Chowchilla.

The Bruce
Plan B sounds good, do we have a plan C in case they run out of wine at the Italian Restaurant?
Good thing you checked it out. It's about 260 miles to Marks from Glendale, which should be about 3 1/2 hours at 80 mph, and another 1/2 hour for sand box stops for Ruthie. water, Ruthie, water, Ruthie and pictures, which will work just great after Carney's on saturday.
Of course you'll have to keep up with my V.
To go where no V has gone before.........Take her out Mr. Sulu, to bad we don't have Scotty to beam us up to Chowchilla.
Plan C will be winged on the fly, I've lived in the Valley for 20 plus years and haven't missed a meal yet. I'll leave my wine for you guys.
Keeping up with the V. Don't make me regret not holding out for a V! I know the car can beat mine, but are you crazy enough? :laugh:
I'll update the itinerary soon.
Bruce

Boy, Bobby .... you sure have my number! (You forgot, stop to shop ..:D)

Yes, Bruce .... Bob has been known to push the envelope a little :cool: - but we don't have a V either .... so we can let him lead us in!

Italian is good .... we don't care where we go ... we've been known to eat at Micky D's and have a good time ....

Yep, you will regret it.................158mph on I-40. We both have limiters of 155, mine just read 158. The question is are you crazy enough to join up with me at 158? Might take you a little longer to get there but you can make it. No one except Hans has has taken an XLR up to 158 on the other forum, so I guess him and I own the record............want to join?
Sorry Ruthie, I forgot about shopping.............add 10 more hours to the trip.
Plan C will be winged on the fly, I've lived in the Valley for 20 plus years and haven't missed a meal yet. I'll leave my wine for you guys.
Keeping up with the V. Don't make me regret not holding out for a V! I know the car can beat mine, but are you crazy enough? :laugh:
I'll update the itinerary soon.
Bruce

Yep, you will regret it.................158mph on I-40. We both have limiters of 155, mine just read 158. The question is are you crazy enough to join up with me at 158? Might take you a little longer to get there but you can make it. No one except Hans has has taken an XLR up to 158 on the other forum, so I guess him and I own the record............want to join?
Sorry Ruthie, I forgot about shopping.............add 10 more hours to the trip.
:rocker: hee-hee, see you there! Of course only legally, on a closed course with all safety precautions in place.
I have had my Corvette up to 164 a number of times, pretty windy with the top down. It would be good to see the upper end of the speedometer in the XLR also.
Yes, we can stop to shop & stretch occasionally also.
Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back