Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nov 28-30, 2008, BBB III cruise

You mean I-40 isn't a closed course? I'll tell ya, you will think your doing 50 MPH's...........smooth and quite.
OH, great............you just opened the door with that statement about shopping. There won't be a mall or small store safe from Ruthie now.
Bad Bruce:bash:
:rocker: hee-hee, see you there! Of course only legally, on a closed course with all safety precautions in place.
I have had my Corvette up to 164 a number of times, pretty windy with the top down. It would be good to see the upper end of the speedometer in the XLR also.
Yes, we can stop to shop & stretch occasionally also.
Bruce

I'm sorry to have to report that due to lack of vacation days, we won't be able to make our annual trek to BBB for this years event. For the past several years we have gone to Disneyland for Thanksgiving and up to Bobs Big Boy for the Friday night cruise.

Depending on what happens with jobs, etc. we will see what happens for San Antonio. :rolleyes:

Jim & Jean, I know you've just started a new job and I'm really sorry to hear this.
This is my first post from my new iPhone. WOW! :blinzel: I had no idea what this IPhone was capable of doing.
I'm sorry to have to report that due to lack of vacation days, we won't be able to make our annual trek to BBB for this years event. For the past several years we have gone to Disneyland for Thanksgiving and up to Bobs Big Boy for the Friday night cruise.

Depending on what happens with jobs, etc. we will see what happens for San Antonio. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it, but I understand how that goes. Looks like it will be a small, but fast moving crowd. Looking forward to meeting my forum buddies.
Bruce

Bummer. :( Sure you you two can make San Antonio.

Good thing I have stated all along my plans were fluid. As I started planning our driving routes and itinerary it seems the Hungarian restaurant has closed and is now East Indian food. Plan B takes us to Italian for dinner on Friday. Hopefully special drive planned for Saturday with some great photo ops!
Kent, what time will you be joining us Saturday?
I'm not sure what time our Chowchilla hosts expect us yet.
Bruce

You tell me the time and I will be there. You have a time change between now and then so I gain an hour of sleep for this run.

Kent ... come on in anytime in the morning Saturday ... we have a room at the SL Lodge ... you can park there and we can walk over to Carney's ...?? Just watch out and don't park under those trees that drop the sap! :pat:

PD & mswaim should be back from lounging around Mexico today or tomorrow ... they'll post as soon as they get sober :chuckle from the sunshine and mohitas! PD is finding us a motel/hotel ...

Here is what I have so far. Please look it over and comment. I can add or change, just trying to get this event planned. Also post up if you are interested in coming so I can keep a head count.
Thanks.
Bruce

Friday: (Nov 28)
Arrive Sportsmen’s Lodge Hotel
www.slhotel.com
12825 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604 818-769-4700

12:00 – 3:00: early arrivals meet & greet, clean cars, settle in
3:00 – 5:00
Check into Hotel
Head to Bob’s Big Boy to hang out

casual Italian for dinner. (when we get hungry)

Bruce & Tracy
Ruth & Ray (Lola’s mom)
Bob & Jaimie? (Standby)

Cruise back towards for Bobs for possibly another look

Retreat to hotel

Saturday: (Nov 29)
Kent (Jetboy) & others may be joining us. What time?
Gather, visit / clean cars etc

8:00
Cruise to Hollywood sign / Griffith Park - Photo op!
11:30
Carneys for lunch

12:30
Head to Chowchilla (about 250 miles, 4 hours)
Check into lodging (4:00 – 5:00)
Party & BBQ with Marc & Doris (mswain & PD5150)

Sunday: (Nov 30)
Clean cars, gather, visit at Hotel (TBD)
casual breakfast & goodbyes (TBD)
checkout
head home

Ummmm - 2 things ....
The hotel check-in isn't until 3 on Friday ....

And how about breakfast at 8 or so while we wait for Jetboy??? Any thoughts on that?:confused:

Times are always flexible. Anyone arriving early can just come by my house and spruce up their car. I might even help. I agree 3:00 is early, the later we go the worse the parking is, especially if we try and park together. (then again, I don't know that I've on Thanksgiving Friday before) We can play all that by ear.
Saturday morning I was trying to schedule an early day so we could avoid some traffic, but later works there also. Does cruising Mulholland and getting a photo near the HOLLYWOOD sign sound worthwhile?
I had to put something up so we could see what we were doing. I still don't know what time PD & mswaim expect us, and how long we'll let you shop at the AM/PM market. I mentioned there was a shopping stop, just didn't say where! :pat:
Anyone else have comments?
Bruce

Mark, please PM me with your address so I can put it in the Nav system, and any short cuts. We of course will be coming up the 5 and off at the 165 and right on 152, then we need blood hounds.
Here are links to the two local hotels. The locally owned/operated hotel bearing the city name is clean, originally built as a Travelodge I believe. The other is brand new, less than six months old. Both are within a 1/4 mile or so from the house.

http://www.hiexpress.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/choca?rpb=rate&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/rates/choca?ias=y&ias=y

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...tab=0&ei=wjEGSZzrGab8iwPZjMyyAg&cd=1&oi=&sa=X

Friday in the Valley

Hi, I will try to get down to the Valley on the friday after Thanksgiving if just for an hour or so.

Is everyone meeting at Sportsman Lodge and caravaning over to Bobs like last year?

Keep me posted. Nice to see the old gang here on the new forum.

JIM

Great! Yes .... Ray and I, and Standby are registered at the Sportsmen .... check in is at 3 .... you will probably find Ray working on Lola in the parking lot at 3:15 :lol: ....

It will be GREAT to see you again!

Hi Jim, see ya found us, want to go to Chowchilla on saturday for a BBQ?
Hi, I will try to get down to the Valley on the friday after Thanksgiving if just for an hour or so.

Is everyone meeting at Sportsman Lodge and caravaning over to Bobs like last year?

JIM

Sure wish we lived closer!!!! Sounds like living up here in God's country, we'll be missing out on quite a bit. But, we ARE hoping to be at one of these parties... just not sure which one we'll be able to make. Seems that most are scheduled around my wife's payroll time at her work...

Mark, please PM me with your address so I can put it in the Nav system, and any short cuts. We of course will be coming up the 5 and off at the 165 and right on 152, then we need blood hounds.

I think the drive is a bit shorter if you use 5 to get over the hill, then 99 all the way to my front door.

There is only one off ramp for Chowchilla, so even you can't get lost Bob! Heck, the first thing you will see is a large Perko's Cafe sign - you know, diner food and diner waitresses!

I'll shoot you the address though so you can see which way is shorter.

Are you suggesting we take the 5 over the grapevine then get on the 99? That roads a bit tougher than I-5 isn't it. I would think we would make better time on the 5................waitresses? Cigar makers? Hmmmmmmmmmm![quote=mswaim;3625]I think the drive is a bit shorter if you use 5 to get over the hill, then 99 all the way to my front door.

There is only one off ramp for Chowchilla, so even you can't get lost Bob! Heck, the first thing you will see is a large Perko's Cafe sign - you know, diner food and diner waitresses!

I'll shoot you the address though so you can see which way is shorter.[/quote]

JIM
Welcome,
Current itinerary plans are in post #29. Would be great to have another car along. I'm in Northridge, you can shoot by here first if you'd like.
Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back